Does this sound like a good plan? - With sample pics

F it. Im just going to get the D600. For 500 bucks more than the d7100, why not. I found a local camera shop that said they will clean the sensor for free if I ever have issues with the camera.

^ Yep, those looks nice. Should be perfect for what I need. Then just get LR4 and elements 11 to adjust for any distortion and I will have a great start. Then I need a remote trigger and some type of ocf ...and the knowledge of how to use it.

I own all of the above. Unfortunately, the YN560I is now the same price as the II. I bought the I when it was $45 and I should have bought 2

Yeah Ballistics has some pretty sweet recommendations that I would take advantage of if I were you. I just wished that I had joined this forum sooner before I had bought my gear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
James
Beginner Photographer

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Also, if you are up to it, there is a few tack sharp manual focus lenses that you could use. They are older so they are cheaper.

I have had the D700 for many years now and I still love this camera. So I think the D600 is the best choice for a camera that will last you as long as you would like. For real estate photography, you certainly want something wide and a zoom is sometimes convenient/quicker. So look at the 16-35 f4 VR and the older 17-35mm 2.8. If you want a single "do it all" lens, go with the 24-70 2.8 which is sharp and has great contrast. If you find yourself getting budget strapped because of the expensive camera, you could go with prime lenses and just use your feet for zoom. Primes are tack sharp. I would choose a 20mm for the wide and 35 or 50mm for mid. If you don't have a speedlight, it's probably a good idea to get one for fill lighting when necessary.

Most reactions

Back