Does this sound OK???

maytay20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mwphoto.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a client call me yesterday and ask for a last minute engagement session. Now she wants to use one of the photos for her program at her wedding. (I am photographing the wedding also) Now if I charge her the normal sitting fee for a engagement session then let her pick the photo for her program and charge her $100. for the photo on a disc for the one photo does that sound like too much. I know I stand to loose more than $100 if she decides to print more somewhere else but saying I am doing her wedding also I think that will make up for the possible loss. Does this sound OK. This is the first time I have had anyone ask for a photo on disc for something like this. Thanks, Mary

Since you know what media your photo will be printed on, scale the resolution down on the CD you give her to something usable. That way if she does decide to blow that photo up, the quality will not be as good as if you did it. After all you have the (digital) negative so you can still deliver the high-resolution version of it.

Unless, of course, you've already committed to providing the high-res version for $100...

If you are going to give her a low res version be sure to tell her and let her know it willnot be useful for printing above 2"x3". I say this because non photographers are not going to assumea photo is low res and will judge all your work by the low res version. When ever I give a low res proof to a client I make sure to tell them its low res and serves solely to give them an idea of what the final image will look like. Never put your name on or behind anything that is not your best.

Thanks guys. I was going to give it to her in a 4x6 format because that is the size she wants on her programs. I did tell her that but she also asked me to do the whole program so if she decides to go with me for the whole thing I actually feel better about it.

Most reactions

Back