Does this work??

Mike Bonsall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
3433688323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3254%3E36%3A%3E2%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D323288774%3A%3C88nu0mrj

I really don't know what to make of this shot. The colours seem odd, although that's how it was at the time (I haven't played with them). The sky's a bit washed out (maybe I could have used an ND Grad but I didn't have one).

There's a lot of contrast which I suppose makes it interesting. I'm just not sure?

Anybody?

It works for me, partly because it's so odd-looking for an unedited shot. What were the conditions like when you took the picture? It's hard to believe there isn't some trickery at play with that tree. It reminds me of one of those planets Mr Spock used to beam down to in the original Star Trek... Did you take any more of the tree? It has a great shape and gnarliness.

Hi

It was quite late in the afternoon and the sun (which was intermittently obscured by cloud) was getting pretty low in the sky. I was hitching a lift at the time and couldn't really expect the car driver to hang around any longer for me - we'd already waited quite a time for the tree to be in sun! Also there didn't seem to be an easy way across the stream, so no chance of any close-ups unfortunately.

The picture was taken on the Great Barrier Island off the coast of Auckland, New Zealand last April.

It is a great tree isn't it!

Your right. its odd. It doesnt do anything for me. Im surprised you hadnt done anything to it... that tree looks SOOOO out of place. Id love to see more of the tree.... especially silhouette. Hopefully you got some.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back