Does TPF like winter?

Yownhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys just posting another picture except this time it is not leaning towards the "art" side of photography, more like the "shock and aww" side of it.

This is a blizzard that we just had in North Dakota yesterday and I decided to snap a photo so I turned my settings to "auto" and took some shots. It was a lot worse in person trust me, you can't feel wind and frost bite in photos :meh:. I hope you enjoy these as much as you wouldn't enjoy them...

Badwinterstorm.jpg

Badwinterstorm1.jpg

Those pictures make me never want to move to North Dakota. Cool shots though.

Living in Canada I personally hate winter =P I like the first more than the 2nd though, there's a nice motion blur of the truck moving out of frame on the left

First one I like a lot because of the blur of the car, but if I may be so bold as to critique, try and get up close and personal to your subject (in this case, winter). It provides a much stronger image; that is, if you were trying to portray the ferocity of the storm, then try finding something or someone that was a victim of the snows. Sometimes you can take a comical approach to it as well (such as a decapitated snowman!)

You gave me a shiver sitting here in my office looking at those pictures! I would never want to live any farther north then I do here in Pa.
I agree with VulfeBinite, find something or someone that is a victim of the storm. You could create a great story w/ emotion in it.
Out of these 2 pictures I like #1. It shows off how bad the conditions were. But I have to say.....why are there some many people out on the road...lol

Living in Canada, I enjoy that kind of winter weather but I prefer to be on skis rather than on the road. I even met my wife in minus 40 fahrenheit temperatures and massive amounts of snow in Québec city.

The second is better than the first but some colour balancing in postprocessing is necessary. The hue is definitely on the blue side.

skieur

Ugh! Brought back memories of the crazy storms we used to get in PA. Luckily, here in Oak Harbor, WA the winters are fairly mild.

Ugh! Brought back memories of the crazy storms we used to get in PA. Luckily, here in Oak Harbor, WA the winters are fairly mild.
Where in Pa? ;) Erie?

Where in Pa? ;) Erie?

No, not THAT bad of storms. Susquehanna county, about an hour north of Scranton, almost in NY state. Basically where those crazy floods are in PA now

It's been -15 in Berlin for weeks now. I have been shooting models in studio when I want to shoot outside. Garr.

It's been -15 in Berlin for weeks now. I have been shooting models in studio when I want to shoot outside. Garr.

Crazy......I couldnt do it. I need to be in the Caribbean!

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back