Does your family support this??

My hubby supports me and my obsession as I do his. His cost more though. .lol

dont retreat.... reload.. sarah palin

The two fundamentals in a relationship are respect and trust. Once those are broken, marriage counselling may point out the issues, but it's up to the couple to rebuild the foundation. If there's no interest in doing the heavy lifting required to do so, then the relationship will terminate. While love (and attraction) are important, love without respect and trust will not last.

I can relate, I showed my wife a photo of a duck and she stabbed me with a fork.
I think she was trying to tell you that she was hungry.
Very hungry :)

I take pictures all day, then edit all night, post them all in the morning.

I have no other interaction with my wife.

I have no idea why she hates my hobby.
Buy more cats
They'll be your friend ... maybe ...
:)

Someone call Dr. Phil, he can fix anything.
Oh I can't stand that guy! Ex wife thought he was a god! Doh!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

See, he fixed that (the EX). You are in a much better place now, more money to spend on photography. lol

I'm lucky.. my GF loves my work and uses it as artwork around our apartment, and future house. Though when I bought the Mark III she definitely was upset with how much it cost.... But such is life.

Well this is why I never got married, and only did the trial marriage deal when I was younger. No divorce, no muss, no fuss.
I am sorry to say but I do not see this ending well. Nothing against you Ian, but I have seen this type of situation far too many times. And it never works.

Were you doing photography when you met ? Did she know this was part of your life?
Of course budget comes into play, but within reason this is who you are....so she has a problem with you for some reason...?

ermmmm I didn't expect my comment to explode into this ... ermmmm debate. Lot of interesting points made here.
first of all... yes I believe my wife does not consider photography to be art. Secondly she is a control freak with insecurity issues... but that is just MY opinion... as I see it. SO that in itself could be debated at length. I have learned to live with this and other issues and difficulties. I was just curious if this was a concept that is common. It seems... not so. Thank you everyone for your interesting input.

Most reactions

Back