Lensmeister

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Suddenly realised that you have worked for the same firm/industry for 20 years. This will be achieved on the 10th November 2006.

Yes 20 years ago I was a long haired lad out of college and heading for my first day of work on what was British Rail. I started on a slaery of £5072 according to my manager and let me tell you ... the wages have been Trash ... but I have my free rail travel ;)

Well on Monday I went to a Compabny dinner celebrating the long service of the verious employees. At 11.30 am we were hqanded Booze, and well let me tell you it is hard when you seniour managers say "here have another" ALL DAY. You have to do as instructed right? ;)

Well after the first three glasses of rather expensive red wine we had this little speach from managers about us and our lives within the industry. Of course being me I heckled while they did mine. Well I was asked about my work achivements and all the BS that goes with it. Well then I almost fell of my seat (not alcohol related) when they mentioned my photographic achievements. the newspapers and the magazine I have been published in. I damn near collasped when the asked me if I was in a club. I said "well not as such but I belong to a couple of webforums full of nice interesting people that always have something to say". As I mentioned TPF there was a flurry of interest as a couple of blokes wrote the addy doen of TPF. Later in the bar (which I might add was FREE and there was £600 behind the bar for our drinks which I am fiarly sure I dented reasonablly enough) I was asked the full qaddy and such things. All were rather interested in my kit. So being the ever professional attituded person I am I extracted the old Canon EOS 350D and said "isn't she lovely?" they all cooed and fell in love..... and I was about to demonstrate how awesome my darling Canon was when ... DISASTER ...... the flipping battery was dead .... just goes to show always have a spare to hand. ;)

That aside they are going to have a look and ... well a few more faces might appear :)

Well as for me..... the long suffering .. I mean service present will probably be .......... a DVD recorder with 160GB HDD and freeview intigrated :)

Soooo Congrats to me for 20 years of suffering and being under paid ... LOL

Did you know .,... that and this is true the general length of service had decreased from 20-30 years per person ... to less than 9 years ..... over the past 15 years ..... still ... I got me award and drinks .. they won't ;)

Well, what more can I say but "Congrats to you for 20 years of suffering and being underpaid" !?!?!? :D

Just too bad about that battery, though. Oops.

Wow, do I ever feel your pain. I know how you feel when they spend a few dollars on you for drinks and think that makes up for 20 years of "being underpaid"!!!!!

Anyways, Congrats on staying as long as you have!!!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back