DOF Question

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Well I had a comment or two on the DOF of this picture... I personally really liked the focus, because it brought out the grit of the steel, and suggested the rest... I don't know, it just really appealed to me. What do you guys think? Should I have focused on the cylinder instead?

Gun2.jpg

i like it just the way it is i liked how i didnt know what it was at first then it came to me.. very good

Where you have your plane of focus there is no element of any interest to catch the eye.
It would have been a much better picture if you had focussed on the front of the chambers.

defectir3 said:
i like it just the way it is i liked how i didnt know what it was at first then it came to me.. very good

That was my first impression as well, which I liked.

Hertz van Rental said:
Where you have your plane of focus there is no element of any interest to catch the eye.
It would have been a much better picture if you had focussed on the front of the chambers.

After reading Hertz's comment, I think he might be right, but there's only one way to find out. :)

Thanks for the feedback all, I think I'm going to try and reshoot it later and see how it turns out. =)

Check my latest thread in the general galleries section... I kind of retook the shot... but it's different. Not as good, I think. =\

Most reactions

Back