448600912_UPsaV-L.jpg

448600225_ozn7E-L.jpg

448601845_FyNhL-L.jpg

448603137_N5hgN-L.jpg

448604078_LwFs6-L.jpg

448605345_uYxaZ-L.jpg

448605806_LvdZ7-L.jpg

448608630_yumHe-L.jpg

Very good focus in all - was that prefocusing with a burst when the dog got to that jump point?
The only downside is the backgrounds are a little distracting, but at those events I can well understand the limitations you have for finding good clean backgrounds.

Oh and points off for dog number 5 ;)

Very good focus in all - was that prefocusing with a burst when the dog got to that jump point?
The only downside is the backgrounds are a little distracting, but at those events I can well understand the limitations you have for finding good clean backgrounds.

Oh and points off for dog number 5 ;)

Cheers, no AI Servo one shot 1D & 300mmF2.8L, he teaches in a field next to a pub car park and to close to fence for me to shoot the other way i could have put the 200mmF2.8L on but would have been too close last time the dogs jumped all over me

Bit less distracting background

448604546_kc8eb-L.jpg

448606943_hBopD-L.jpg

448605466_ih4N9-L.jpg

448610796_hetEu-L.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, very impressive. Great timing, great focus, and I disagree about the backgrounds- in this situation, I prefer the busy and sufficiently out of field background.

These are very well shot. I really wish I could get a better handle on when and where local events like this happen around me. You inspire me to want to try this for myself!

Great pics, really lovely colours. I especially like 4 & 5 from the first series. I also agree that the background is not too overpowering, it is after all a part of the story (the previous jumps) and not in focus. I always believe the eye should be drawn to "look around" in a pic, not just at one focal point.

These are very well shot. I really wish I could get a better handle on when and where local events like this happen around me. You inspire me to want to try this for myself!

Thank's mate, what about husky racing with sledge (not sure what they call it) that would be great fun to shoot and your 50-135 should work a treat

Great pics, really lovely colours. I especially like 4 & 5 from the first series. I also agree that the background is not too overpowering, it is after all a part of the story (the previous jumps) and not in focus. I always believe the eye should be drawn to "look around" in a pic, not just at one focal point.

Thank's mate, look forward to seeing more of your shots, i'm a bit fed up one of my favorite rallies has be called off due to the economic situation :(

Thank's mate, look forward to seeing more of your shots, i'm a bit fed up one of my favorite rallies has be called off due to the economic situation :(

Tell me about it ... the Swedish national rally (Swedish championship) was also cancelled for the same reason - would have been held in a town just 30 km from me!!

Ha, ha. My 6 lb chiauaua could use some training from your friend. Sleeps like a cat and eats like a sow.

The Boxer is gorgeous.

I love the color contrasts in each of these pictures between the subject and the greyish look of the surroundings.

Unbelievable shots.. The clarity and DOF is amazing! That must be a big money lens, huh?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back