Dog C&C (first post)

Noxire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Caught_my_attention_by_Noxire.jpg

Im not an experienced photographer so help me improve. ^^

You just joined the forum and this is your first C&C so I hope you can take the C&C in the right spirit. Which is to help you.

The background is totally boring so something else has to be interesting. The dog is somewhat but we can't see his eye and that basically kills this picture.

You've also cut off his ear and paws. And, considering the amount of empty space around him, there was no reason.

Then, his right side is blown. A fill flash would have been useful to get a better balanced exposure.

Keep shooting. Practice makes perfect.

No worries :) I'm here to learn ^^

I'd have to agree with c.cloudwalker. I would like to comend you however on the cute pose. It is so nice to finally see a dog photo where the dog is not running around the yard with a ball in its mouth, laying on a sofa or at the end of a leash. Keep practicing and I look forward to seeing your work in the future. :)

I would have to disagree with c.cloudwalker slightly on this photograph, mind you, for my own tastes. I think the background fits well with this image. It really focuses you on the character of the dog itself. The WB looks good to me, everything is reasonably in focus, theres a lot of detail caught in his fur that i find appealing, he has a great pose (as stated by Dagwood).

The only improvements I could say are needed is to move the camera slightly down and to the right to cut him off under his paws and to show his ear, then, if possible, reflect some light on his left side so we can see his eye, (as c.cloudwalker has stated). Also, theres a little too much light on his right and it blows it out somewhat, however, it doesnt really distract very much IMO.

Overall, I think this is a successful photo.

Most reactions

Back