Dog Days of Spring

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This dog scared the heck out of me. I was quietly taking a landscape picture when all of a sudden I hear this deep breathing behind me, this area has lots of bears and I had thought one had snuck up me, luckly, just prior I had gone to the mens room.:pale:

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

Good work !Cruzin~~
how can you still show so much more details in pic when into the light??
It is quite hard to me~~~
my DC is totally atomatic.

The first photo definitely was worth the fright - and it is so sharp ... you don't seem to be still shacking! ;)

And Shan: interesting comment.
All I see on my screen are little squares... ;)

Great shots. Love the first one.

Cruzin! I love the first picture! I think that's the best shot taken by you... (from those which I've seen) wonderful!!!! :hail:

Great shot... I too find it tricky to compose a shot with the clear sun actually in the frame.

P.S - Yikes! Given the fact that I've seen people attacked by dogs more than once, and every bear I've seen has run away from people... I thiink I'd rather the bear too!

Thank you everyone :)

Shan, I metered close to the sun and used a polarising filter.

Canoncan, not even close to mastering. I use only the manual mode, spot metering and the different shooting modes. It is a joy to use the manual modes on the 20d.

Rob116 it is a little difficult, I think the trick is too focus the eye on the bottom corners of the viewfinder.

I don't mind bears at all, I just thought that if one got this close to a human, thats a real sign of trouble.
I have some bear pic's where I got fairly close I may post, but the picture quality due to the lighting is not very good, I had to overexpose the bear to get some detail in the black fur.

The first photo in this set deserves to be on a wall. That is beautiful.

Cruzin said:
I have some bear pic's where I got fairly close I may post, but the picture quality due to the lighting is not very good, I had to overexpose the bear to get some detail in the black fur.

doesnt matter, post em up...it'll be like those bigfoot pics we see all the time.

Most reactions

Back