The last 48 hours were pretty hard on both of us. Our 15 (or 16) year old dachshund/chihuahua mix has stopped drinking and eating, laying down motionless and hardly breathing. We took her to the Vet, where they found an abnormally enlarged heart which also has a heavy murmur as well as two well infected kidneys. We decided last night to give her another chance before putting her down and hydrated her subcutaneously. She came back home w/us and for a while she was somewhat better and more alert. She drank little water overnight and even managed to get like a teaspoonful of wet dog food in her stomach. But today she felt worse, so we took her back to see what other options we have. Well, before taking her down tomorrow (if her condition does not improve overnight), we decided to give her yet another chance at a different treatment. She is at the Hospital right now being hydrated and treated with two medicines plus an antibiotic. Hopefully she'll bounce back from her lethargic state. However, we're not making any plans of having her for too long if she comes back, it's obvious that she'll last very little time as it is. So, we might have to put her down tomorrow. All you dog/pet people know how hard that is... We're pretty down now.