Dog got a new land yacht

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by benhasajeep, Nov 13, 2017.

1. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Top Poster Of Month

Our Yellow Lab got his Christmas wish early and will be getting a new truck to ride in. He says it's perfect with a dark grey cloth interior. His shedding fur will show up quite nicely in the seats. Pick it up Wednesday after next when I get home from Baltimore. Wife dropped off the downpayment this afternoon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    how long of bed is that ?

3. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    that bed is longer than my whole car.

4. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

8' bed. Just over 22 1/2' long.

5. davidharmier60

davidharmier60 No longer a newbie, moving up!

I had an '03 that big until at very nearly 600k miles it threw two rods.
    I sure do miss that diesel!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I saw a crew cab with 8' bed for the first time last summer. I took a snap of it. I was blown away. I didn't know they made them. It wasn't a Dodge, though.

7. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

I currently have a 2004 Dodge Quad Cab short bed 1/2 ton (keeping it). But some big maintenance items are starting to come about. There are not a lot of Quad Cab or Crew Cab long beds out there. The manufacturers feel not many people want them as they don't fit in a lot of home garages. With Dodge, a Crew Cab is 5" longer than a Quad cab. And of course the bed is slightly longer than 8'. I have a cross bed tool box, so in a short bed that takes up quite a bit of room. So, I wanted the larger cab and long bed. I don't like the Silver color, but don't hate it either. But being a hard truck to get, I figured I will get used to it. Out of the 5 cars I have purchased new, this is the largest discount % wise of all of them. So, decided to buy now. Was going to wait till summer. And of course soon as I get it home. The dogs are going to walk around it, sniffing it. And will want to go for a ride. That way they can mark it theirs with hair in the seats and drool on the windows.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gary A.

Gary A. Been spending a lot of time on here!

Your dog should be quite pleased. Hopefully, the dog will share the truck with you.

9. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

He's in the drivers seat the second you vacate it!

• Like Like x 1
  10. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nice!! I can't quite tell the exact color from the picture - what color. Most important which engine? I've had a lot of Dodge/Ram trucks over the years.

My last 1/2 ton had the shorter bed in it and I hated it. Had to leave the tailgate down to get the extra couple inches to haul a sheet of plywood. When we built the house we had large garage doors installed so we could get a 1 ton dually crew cab with 8' bed in, but when I finished out the basement I miscalculated on floor plan, resulting in it being a hair short for the truck. We found out that the "super cab", had almost the same room in the backseat as the crew cab, but the elimination of the door pillar took just enough off the overall length that the truck now fits in the garage with 2" to spare. Had to order the truck, as you just don't see them on lots.

11. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

It's their Silver (cell phone pic from my wife). It has the bigger Hemi. I did not want the Cummins. We don't drive long enough runs for the diesel to clean itself out. Except once or twice a year. And in 14 years have just under 160k on current truck. So, not going to put a lot of miles on it either. And even less as long as I keep the older one. We do have a medium sized camper and a car hauler for our Jeeps. I could have gotten away with a 3/4 ton. But none with crew cab and long bed were available.

12. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

You're saying this is a one ton?

I love the torque and power on the 6.7 Powerstroke, but most of our miles on the truck are pulling a 16k sail down the road. If I was only needing the occasional tow, I'd be hard pressed to spend the money on the diesel. Cost me $132 for a fuel filter change last week, because I didn't feel like doing it. You say diesel, and the cost goes up on everything.

The Hemi is no slouch, had a couple in my younger days.