Dog in the Rain

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just don't know what to think about this one. That is probably a bad sign but I thought I would put it out here for you guys to comment on.
03-12-04%20002bw.jpg

Edit:
Is this better or worse?
03-12-04%20002bwb.jpg

drdan said:
Well, I'm kinda on the fence about it. Does that help? :lol:

Yeah, sure it does.... I needed some company on the fence. It was getting lonely up here. 8)

i always dig black and white, thinking outside the box is always a good thing too!!

nice work!

md

I like the effect you were trying to get. It depends on what you were trying to do but you can try balancing the focus between the background and the water drops. The background might be a little too unfocused for my taste, but then again I don't have the altered version to compare this one to. I still think the shot is interesting as is but that focusing idea immediately popped up in my head when I saw this shot, so I thought I'll pass along my idea.

After staring at it a while I thought that I should have done that.... I will try that next time I get a chance. Nice to know I wasn't totally crazy.

karissa said:
Nice to know I wasn't totally crazy.
I wouldn't be so quick to state that if I were you. I'm not exactly sane myself...so I guess we are both crazy. :wink:

As for the new picture, the border isn't doing anything for me but the color is nice. I think I like the black and white better but the colored one is a close second.

Well, I must admit that it took me a little too long (it's my eyes, they're getting old, I'm afraid!) to see the actual THEME of your photo, i.e. the dog. I really couldn't make it out at once, so I thought: "Hm? Dog? All I see are raindrops on the window pane."

But then I had expected something all different again upon reading your title...

This shot has grown on me. My first reaction was no I don't like it at all. When I came back the second time to look at, that was still my reaction. This the third time, and now i am kinda liking it. But I like the colourised version with the burned edges. I can see more clearly now that there is something beyond the raindrops and that its not just a pretty design. The dog is more defined in the second pic

This is a fence sitter one for me now, I would say if you could make the dog form just slightly more apparent to me I would like it more, but that is just my preference.

kudos for experimenting on this one though!

vonnagy said:
kudos for experimenting on this one though!

Thanks, I agree that I would like to try and reach a middle ground on the DOF or the focus next time. My dog is a border collie and I have to say he doesn't stay still for very long. I didn't have much time to take the shot and just grabbed what I could. I'm glad I did because I have a better idea what I want next time thanks to everyone's comments and in some cases lack there of. ;)

This picture took time to grow on me too which is the biggest reason I put it up for everyone here. I wanted to see what the other thoughts where. Sounds like everyone here feels about the same as I do. Thanks all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back