Dog names...Shmog names

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Meysha, May 2, 2005.

1. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well I'm needing a little bit of help at the moment picking a name for our new puppy. It's a widdle baby Jack Russell Terrier and we (well my parents and sister) get it tomorrow afternoon. I won't be able to see it for another 2 months. But we don't have a name yet! ARGH!

Unfortunately, we had to put our dog, Chutney - also a Jack russell, down on Saturday because he had become an absolutely psychotic crazy dog and well he was attacking us all the time. (It was actually pretty funny coz he was such a little dog!)

So anyway, What's a good name for a boy dog? Remember it's a little dog so we don't really want any 'big' dog names like "Killer" or "Rex". hehehe

2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

how about.....jack.

sorry, the uncreativity is deafening :)

md

3. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    HA HA HA! :)

Our short list at the moment includes Monty, Fatty and boots - but I said no to boots coz it sounds like a cat's name.

4. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    :lol: I like Jack :D We just named our puppies (Hope & Olive) but they are both females. One of the names that we tossed around was Lucky. Chutney makes me think of Mango (because there is a Mango Chutney that I love). Hmmm...I've always liked the name Bailey for dogs. Hard to come up with more without seeing the little guy :mrgreen:

5. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

I'm sorry to hear that. :hug:: We had something similar but I refused to allow him to be put down.

As soon as you see him a name will pop into your head I'm sure. Our dogs have been called Jock, Kelly, Scampy, Scruffy, Pickle and Abby (short for Abergavenny, a place in Wales where she came from).

6. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks ferny, it wasn't really a big deal for me... yes i know - i'm just a cruel heartless *****.hehehe But it actually upset my mum more than anyone else. Which is stange, because the dog was actually attacking her the most! i thought she would've been glad to see it go. Ah well.

Alison, I really really like the name Bailey!! (Plus I loove Baileys. It is the nectar of the gods!) Scruffy and Pickles are really cool too. Hmm will definately have to add these to the short list.

7. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

I was the one he attacked the most as well. All I'd have to do is walk into the room and he'd either run off or bear his teeth and growl.

Have they changed Baileys? I used to love it but find the cheaper brands much nicer now.

8. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    BOND!!!
    that's the name of my dog :D:D:D:D

9. ShutteredEye

ShutteredEye TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How about, Boomer?

10. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry you had to put down your first dog, Meysha. :( That's never a good thing, even if you do feel somewhat detached from the ordeal.

Maybe it will be easier to come up with a new name when the puppy is actually living with you - sometimes their personalities give you ideas. :D

Alison, I've been wondering how the puppy trip went - congrats on the new family additions! I bet they are adorable. :)

11. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Well, I think they are but I might have a bit of a bias. Aubrey posted some photos in the Photo Gallery (This weekend Part II I think it's called).

12. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I like the weird dog names, the one's that people will remember. For instance I named our dog Guido...and anytime my dad make a vet or dog grooming appointment they all know which one he is b/c he's psychotic and has a unique name :)

Other fun names would be Gunther, Ginghis...and then to get really fun you could name it Dog or Sit or Stay...then when you train it, you teach it to sit and then get to say sit Sit, and come here Sit and see if he actually sits or not :lol: That may wind your new pup in doggy psychology though...

Try this website, 2000 dog names, I'm sure you'll find something there: http://www.petrix.com/dognames/