Dog photography c&c

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by SethAlbritton, Jun 16, 2010.

1. SethAlbritton

SethAlbritton TPF Noob!

I know I didn't frame the shots awesome. I should have got more of the dogs legs and body in the pic, but I am new, and when taking photos there is a lot of stuff to be thinking about and I'm not there yet.

In these pictures I was practicing with my sb900, so let me know what you think. I'm only using one flash.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mwcfarms

mwcfarms No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The top of the poodles head in number one is blown out as well as his brisket. Sorry number too doesnt work with the flare from the sun but I think you did pretty well with the third.

3. SethAlbritton

SethAlbritton TPF Noob!

The blow out in number 1, I wish I could have done better with my flash. THis is my first time with flash and it was a *****, but I definitely like the dramatic look with flash.

Picture number two was meant to look exactly as it does. I see alot of picture with the sun right by the head almost blocking the head out and I wanted to try to achieve this. I like the effect, but I understand thats a personal opinion.

Picture number three is kick ass in my opinion, but I just really like the chair. I wish I would have got more of her head in focus

Thanks for your opinions