Dog Portrait

rege02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rjctelecom.com
p-04.jpg

Comments?

Great shot :thumbsup: --I am partial to animal and people photos!

What is your lighting setup for the photo?

Is this your dog?

This is a very good attempt at a dog portrait. The color and lighting are excellent, but perhaps a bit too bright right on top of the head. I do like the reflection in the eyes. Two things really stand out to me that I feel take away from the picture, the first much more than the second.

In the composition, the face appears very small to the chest of the dog really taking away from the emotion and humanity of the photo. Perhaps this was the angle of the shot. I hope you don't mind, but I cropped it a little to put more empahsis on the face and placed it below.

The second item is that it feels a little flat. Did you use a flash or static lighting??? Sometimes a flash can give it that feel.

I like you work and look forward to seeing some more.

3397936723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3A68%3D534%3DXROQDF%3E2323498739832ot1lsi

That is one beautiful dog shot. I have to admit I like the cropped version a bit more though. Is this your dog?

Very nice! Anyone who has tried to pose an animal like this can appreciate how perfect this pose is.

I would agree that the lighting on the head is a bit hot, but I have no problem at all with the composition here. The lighting seems perfect on the rest of the pup to show off that silky hair, and I like seeing the chest of the animal.

I have an online pal who does dog stock photography, and she says the show dogs are generally easiest to pose because they've been trained to Sit & Stay - so again, if this was a more casual attempt, it's well done. Nice work!

Excellent shot. I do not like the cropped version though. I didn't think it was too hot on the head either, but then I am not as experienced as others here. :lol:

Most reactions

Back