Dog portrait

malweth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.malweth.net
Dog portraits must be in landscape! ;)

Took a home portrait of my dog. I didn't concentrate on lighting or anything like that - no studio...

I think the picture looks best in sepia (great for chocolate dogs ;))... other versions are on flickr (click the image).

Looks good...who needs a studio with a dog that cute? :)
Maybe crop in on the dog abit more though....

I actually like the colored version much more. The sepia kinda hides his brown tones because everything in the picture has that kind of hue to it. Now in the color picture the carpet he is shot against really makes that brown stand out like wow. Also if you crop a little off the left side to bring his head more into the line in the ROT it may help the composition. Great picture, I love it.

Thats a fantastic photo. All I would do is crop out the right side of the image almost up to the ear of the dog. So the nose is about a third from the bottom and third from the right (rule of thirds). It also eliminated the slightly distracting rear paw.

Cute pup! I'd go with an 8x10 crop with the left edge just to the left of his paw and the right edge between his elbow and rear paw, or just go square. I'd also boost the contrast some with a curves adjustment, but before the sepia, since it affects the tone in a bad way.

I think the color image has some color issues in it. There are weird spots of magenta and cyan in there.

Looks a lot like old 'Buddy'...out at my in-law's farm

IMG_8259-a-web.jpg

The crop looks good and the dog's color looks good...but pink carpet :shock:

Yeah, back to sepia. It gives more personality to the dog. The colored version looks too saturated for my taste and the pink carpet doens't cut it for me. The crop is right on the money and the DOF is perfect for the subject.

What's the name of that cute doggie?

saulmr said:
Yeah, back to sepia. It gives more personality to the dog. The colored version looks too saturated for my taste and the pink carpet doens't cut it for me. The crop is right on the money and the DOF is perfect for the subject.

What's the name of that cute doggie?

really? I find that the sepia's lack of contrast pretty much ruins the "chocolate" of the lab.

Most reactions

Back