Dog shaking himself dry

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Paparazzi Paul, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Paparazzi Paul

Paparazzi Paul TPF Noob!

Here is a shot I had taken a few years ago at 1/8000 of a second at f2.8 and 180mm lens.

[​IMG]

2. mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's gorgeous. Nothing I can see about it that I would change, personally. A really great shot of a beautiful creature.

3. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

it's a great shot, but i think i would have zoomed out more... it's so close that you can't really get perspective on what's going on... it sorta looks like snow is exploding from your dog :p hehe

also if the dog had his head twisted more, then you can get a better feel that something is actually happening...

i'd liken it to "action" shots of cars where the car's suspension isn't actually loaded up, so it just looks like it's parked there with blurry wheels.

4. Paparazzi Paul

Paparazzi Paul TPF Noob!

Thanks for your comments. A few people thought it was really a snow storm going on there, which is pretty apt for an Alaskan Malamute as I am sure there would be plenty of snow storms in its State of origin.

However on that particular day it was 42 degrees C (108 degrees F) a bit warm for snow, but a nice day for the dog to have a cold dip.

Cheers
    Paul