C&C always appeciated

1. I'm being watched.

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

You went to desaturate all of these deliberately? If so, why?

And the first, the all b&w ... why is it I think it is slightly blurred?
I look at it and think: boy this has all the potential to be great if it were sharp. Then I see that USM has been applied already (or at least I think it has), more would create haloes. And then I think "low light? Camera shake?". That one'd fascinate me to no end if it were REALLY, REALLY sharp.

Why did I desaturate - Well it was a case of experimentation. I couldn't really decide if it was a good idea, hence I posted them here to receive a good kicking ;)

As for the B/W not being sharp - Well I'm not one to blame my tools when I do a bad job, but this was the day the autofocus my 18-55 was continually packing up. I must also say that I've always had a problem with sharpness in low light conditions, and this would probably be due to my lack of knowhow and ability. Tips for sorting this out would be fantastic.

I don't consider these to be my among the good photos that I've taken, and I don't just post the ones that I think are good, because I want to know why some of my photos don't work. All part of the learning process.

Thanks for the feedback LaPhoto - always appreciated, even when it is bad news ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back