DomR newbie from Toronto!!!!

DomR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am very happy to be apart of this forum. I am also a newbie to Photography and plan on purchasing my first Digital SLR camera.

I am very interested in any advice or direction on a Camera and lens combo in which to take a variety of photos mostly being automotive such as auto detailing, various automotive events, as well as motorsport. I also wanted to take photos of various landscapes and structures. The cameras I have narrowed it down to are the D90 and the D60 Nikon but I am very open to suggestion because many of you are the experts in the field.

Thank you in advance

DomR

Welcome. I too am also a noob here.. but I'm familiar with Nikon. I have a Nikon D60 and a Nikon D80 (predecessor to the D90). Personally I would get either one, but there are limitations to each. My D60 has only 3 focus points compared to my D80's 11 focus points. D60 doesn't have an AF motor so lenses without the motor non AF-S will have to be manually focused as for the D80/D90 you can use AF lenses as well as AF-S. I like the D60 because of its size but I like the D80 for I have bigger hands and it feels more comfortable to hold. Hope my 2 cents helps you out.

Hi guys

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am very happy to be apart of this forum. I am also a newbie to Photography and plan on purchasing my first Digital SLR camera.

I am very interested in any advice or direction on a Camera and lens combo in which to take a variety of photos mostly being automotive such as auto detailing, various automotive events, as well as motorsport. I also wanted to take photos of various landscapes and structures. The cameras I have narrowed it down to are the D90 and the D60 Nikon but I am very open to suggestion because many of you are the experts in the field.

Thank you in advance

DomR

Hi, I am very new to the forums and to photography as well! I've been looking at the Canon T1i which is considered an entry level dSLR camera. I haven't actually looked, but the higher end ones must really be great. The T1i was just recently announced.

Welcome, and we'll see you around. :)

Welcome aboard...as long as you're not a Leafs fan :er:

Most reactions

Back