Donate A Photo.

It looks even better printed... Thanks again for the photo and the vote of confidence. I know in this day and age it is hard to trust...

I'll try

[ IMG]http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/big.asp?photoID=963516&catID=&style=&rowNumber=1&memberID=89710[/IMG ]

No luck

without the spaces between the [ and IMG or between G and ]

I added the spaces because if I typed it correctly it wouldn't show up at all (since it would be then tagged as an image.

big.asp

Still not working, Any other suggestions?

I just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know where the event is currently at in the planning stages. My biggest concern at this point is with the amount of material that I have received being farily minimal... I am new to the planning of gallery shows, but I would certainly like more pieces. Here is a quick run down as to the donations I have received so far that will be used, if for some reason your name is not on this list the quality of print may have been an issue. Please contact me and I will explain further:

Josh Smith (3 hi-res photos, sent via e-mail)
Ryan Thompson (3 hi-res photos, sent via e-mail)
Kyle Fulmer (2 hi-res photos, sent via e-mail)
Heather Watts (1 hi-res photo, sent via e-mail)
Michael Rubin (1 photo mounted on mattboard 8x10)
Hunter Begoon (2 hi-res photos, sent via e-mail)
Oleg Yefimov (3 hi-res photos, sent via e-mail)
Esther Walker (1 11x14 print of oil painting)
Francesca (2 11x14 photos)
Andy Quinlan (3 11x14 photos mounted on mattboard)

So, this is where I am at so far... Alot of people who had promised donations are falling through, so if you are one of those people please help me and a charity out. Thanks.

Heater

Please send me a pm with your email.
I've offered a couple of times to send you images but you haven't chosen any.

I'll pick 2 or 3 and send them on when i get your email address.

Cheers!

You asked me about this a long time ago. Probably even before this thread was started. I've been soooo busy I completely dropped the ball. Sorry my friend.

If you're still interested, let me know. I'll pick 2 shots (the one you requested and one other...still your choice though) and have them printed and mailed as soon as I can.

Still need more? Send me a PM and I'll get you some images - love to find out what they sell for heheh

I'll email you a couple of hi-res images. Just let me know if they sell. Or even if they're good enough to get printed to see IF they sell!

I've sent 3 images but not heard anything.
Fingers crossed that it all works out!!!

He has emailed me with updates. I think he realizes it is a good thing he wants to do but that it is time consuming and costly. If people send prints to him, he will not have to print them and he won't have to cover the entire cost himself. I sent him an 8x10 print mounted on matboard. My cost including shipping was about $6USD.

Also, if you send a prnt there is less likelyhood that the image will be stolen for commercial use, As a file could be.

He has emailed me with updates. I think he realizes it is a good thing he wants to do but that it is time consuming and costly. If people send prints to him, he will not have to print them and he won't have to cover the entire cost himself. I sent him an 8x10 print mounted on matboard. My cost including shipping was about $6USD.

Also, if you send a prnt there is less likelyhood that the image will be stolen for commercial use, As a file could be.

I realise there is a lot of work involved and i wasn;t expecting an instant reply. I have sent 2 offers of images inviting Andy to choose a couple from my site. All i received was a "send me the link again".
After reading other people's posts i took the bull by the horns and emailed him 3 images so he wouldn't need to trawl my site.

I realise what you're saying about getting prints and them not being stolen but i email Andy images, he prints them and deletes the files i sent then there's very little, if any, chance they could be stolen/used.
There's no more risk in Andy printing than there is, with me printing, unless Andy is careless with the original images.

I've no reason to believe Andy will be careless so that's why i sent the originals.

I'm sure it'll work out fine!
:thumbup:

I realise there is a lot of work involved and i wasn;t expecting an instant reply. I have sent 2 offers of images inviting Andy to choose a couple from my site. All i received was a "send me the link again".
After reading other people's posts i took the bull by the horns and emailed him 3 images so he wouldn't need to trawl my site.

I realise what you're saying about getting prints and them not being stolen but i email Andy images, he prints them and deletes the files i sent then there's very little, if any, chance they could be stolen/used.
There's no more risk in Andy printing than there is, with me printing, unless Andy is careless with the original images.

I've no reason to believe Andy will be careless so that's why i sent the originals.

I'm sure it'll work out fine!
:thumbup:

Darich,

I actually did e-mail you back... I definately want to use your photos in the show, they are absolutely stunning. I did get your photos. Thanks again!!!

Zoe,

I received your photos, and will be using at least one of them... I e-mailed you back though, I will keep you updated.

Sean,

Please pick your favorites... I began choosing at first, and found the show taking on a slight urban, dark feel... personally thats where my interest lies, so I have been asking photograpghers to send me their favorites, and I take my personality out of the show, as I want a really good range! Please e-mail me them, and I will definately incorporate them.

Darich,

I actually did e-mail you back... I definately want to use your photos in the show, they are absolutely stunning. I did get your photos. Thanks again!!!

Thanks Andy.
I didn't get your email but as long as you got them, that's the main thing.
I think I and a few others would be interested to know a couple of things after the show.
first - did my images sell?
second - how much for?

We'd be keen to find out what the general public think of our work.

glad you got them ok.

cheers
David

Most reactions

Back