DONATING! Olympus OM-2 W/Zuiko 50mm f/1.8

My father own's this camera...fantastic.

Anybody that rescues a dog from neglect and then does this tells a story what kind of person you are. Nice looking clean gear. Hopefully it will go to a good home where someone can really use it.

I was just reading this thread and then my wife called and I told her about it - turns out she had seen lots of people at Costco dropping off rolls of film and how she thinks it's cool.

Never heard her say that about photography, as she's never been into it in any way - but this may tempt her to pick up photography.

Anyway, That's my hat in the ring - it's for my wife to learn the basics. There is no film gear in our house.

If she doesn't, well, I will do exactly what you do and forward it onto a loving home!

Happy holidays!

Bumping....
Noone else interested?
Great camera.

Magic says he will use the camera if noone else will.
(would have gotten a better shot, but he literally panicked when he saw the camera pointed at him and almost drug the Olympus with him.)

View attachment 61959

interest seems to have waned on this, so i will try and wrap this one up this weekend.
last call!

Hope i'm not too late.

I'm more of a digital photopgrahy guy myself - I love just being able to stick the memory card into my computer and go from there... but I have made friends with one of the bus drivers (I take the bus to and from work) - he is into film photography.
If I "won" this, I'd gift wrap it and surprise him with a nice christmas/holidays gift he could enjoy. If I don't get this to give to him I'd just get him an Amazon gift card - but I think this camera would be a much better, much more "personal" gift.

I would not be able to provide a photo (unless he makes one for me, but that's kind of an odd thing to request of a gift) to prove it's being used but I know he's into it and does use his other classic film camera quite a lot - I would trust him to use it, take good care of it, and not just flip it on eBay.

Thanks for the opportunity and happy holidays,
Michael

PS: I don't know if you care or not but I'd be more than happy to cover shipping costs. Giveaways like this are great but I don't think there's any reason you should be out any money (on shipping, for example) to do them.

Last edited:
ok...
I think the wife is looking over the donation threads so we should be able to come to a consensus soon.
stay tuned!

you know what....
nevermind.
shes looking at quilting supplies.

but stay tuned anyway just in case she gets on task tonight.

Going to send this wonderfully charming little camera to limr in the hopes that it will make into the rotation with some of her other film cameras.
the Oly needs a little cleaning, and eventually a new seal, but is otherwise ready to go.
we are looking forward to seeing what you shoot with this Leonore.

Oh my god, I just sat down with some tea and when I saw this, I almost spilled it all over me. I'm so excited and grinning like a fool :sun: Thank you so so so SO much! I promise I'll do right by the Oly. I can clean her up and I already have some good self-adhesive craft felt that I bought specifically for light sealing old cameras, so should be all ready to go!

I'll PM my address.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back