Donating some lenses. please read CAREFULLY. (very)

The Proof is in The Pudding!! (I always wondered what that really means...)

Anyway--true to their word, pixmedic and his wife sent their used Tamron 28-300 f/3.5-6.3 lens out Priority mail (on their OWN dime). He was sick all week, but still managed to take the lens to the post office and see it on its way!
It arrived on my doorstep on Monday--unfortunately, a migraine arrived that day as well and despite my efforts to show it the door, it stayed until sometime Wednesday morning.

Here's the "proof" that they did, indeed, send the lens on just as they said:

I should have taken a picture of the lens set up in front of my makeshift photo backdrop--but at the time, the table was too cluttered with junk for a photo session, and my head hurt too bad to care. ;)

I wish there was something more spectacular and meaningful to say besides "Thank You," but those inadequate words, and the likely inadequate photos I take will have to suffice. One day (hopefully fairly soon) the lens will go to my son, who will do far greater things with it than I! :D

I have not had much time at all to experiment with the lens and the manual focusing will take me a while to really get the hang of (I do it with my macro lens, but can't quite seem to get focus on the donated Tamron yet). I did experiment with it a little in the photos I did for this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...eresting-things-within-10-feet-challenge.html
Actually, now that I look, I think only the work series #2 photo in the thread was with the Tamron, but a couple more in the full sets on Flickr were done with it.

You are very welcome. Glad it made it there ok. Sorry the migraine lingered a while.

Kudos, Pixmedic! (P.S. I miss the bandages!!!) :)

So, you're saying you liked his avatar better when you couldn't see his face? :biglaugh:

Just kidding! Actually, I really like that bandaged avatar too--I like seeing what you actually look like, but the bandaged-up one was a cool photo!

So, you're saying you liked his avatar better when you couldn't see his face? :biglaugh:

Just kidding! Actually, I really like that bandaged avatar too--I like seeing what you actually look like, but the bandaged-up one was a cool photo!

You said it, not me! (but yea.. that was what I was inferring! or was it? LOL!) :)

Overall its a decent lens. That one was older, the IF LD one, not the di I or di II lens. A little soft on the wide and long end. If you have the 70-200 f2.8 i would venture to say it is a much better lens than the 28-300. I stopped using the tamron lens when we got our nikkor 70-300 VR II.

Most reactions

Back