I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And yet more stuff from the deepest recesses of our closet.
up for donation today is a Super Multi Coated Takumar 200mm f/4 in M42 mount.
comes with thread on metal lens hood, leather case, and front and rear lens caps.
lens is in EX shape. the MAN/AUTO switch is a little tight, but not TOO bad.
glass is clean with no scratches, haze, or fungus. aperture and focus ring are smooth. Aperture opens and closes properly. Dont know what else to say except that this is a great opportunity if you have a M42 mount camera and need a really nice long prime lens.

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. continental U.S ONLY.

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having another brand and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states (Alaska if flat rate shipping covers there)
4: been an active and productive member of the forum for at least 3 months.

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the lens, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the lens,an honest gear list, and why you believe you need the lens. PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

thank you all.

-Jason

View attachment 33138
View attachment 33139
View attachment 33140
View attachment 33141
View attachment 33142
View attachment 33143

Last edited:
I own one of these...this lens will work quite WELL on any Canon EOS body....APS-C or Full-frame or 1.3x models...with an inexpensive m42 to Canon EF adapter from e-Bay or Fotodiox. I believe it could also be adapted to many different mirrorless cameras, with the right adapter. Not really sure on what mirrorless systems work with what.

Pixmedic,

That's very kind of you.I would like to be considered for this lens.

I use M42 prime lenses on a Pentax K-x and those that fit, on Canon as well. Love the Taks, and have the Super 28/3.5, S-M-C 50/1.4 and the 135/3.5, and also a couple of USSR lenses (Helios 44-2 and Jupiter 9).

Thank you.

Irfan.

Hello again Pixmedic,
This lens would be great for an old film camera I have. The camera I have in mind for this lens would be my all time favorite, the 1978 Praktica LTL3. A while back I had mentioned to you that the body was broken. Fortunately I sent it off for a little repair work, and it turns out the shutter jut needed a little adjusting. With it now back in action, I would like to get a lens for it that can do some serious work. Right now it has the standard Pentacon lens. It is a 50mm lens, with no zooming capabilities. It is able to focus, but it can't zoom for some shots that I would like to get. It is a nice lens that has gotten some great shots, but it isn't good in all situations. A nice lens with a zoom, like the one on this thread, would be a great addition to the camera. I would love to have a powerful lens on my old school, East German camera. The lens would actually take up a little bit of space in my dorm, but I've been thinking I would take some of the cameras that I don't use as much back home. That would clear up some space for a new lens :) I would be using the lens for personal projects, and to go on some nice photo shoots around my college's campus. There are a lot of great places on campus to photograph, and my current 50mm just isn't working well enough in all situation. I would love to have this lens, and be able to make my camera more adaptable to different situations. Please consider me for the donation. Thanks!
-Nick

Last edited:
You don't have a Minolta Max 50mm hid some where in that closet? I really want one! Just wondering:)

Hello,
you are amazing really. I have a 75-200 mm so I will not be putting my name in the hat for this one but I do want to say thank you to you and your wife for payinf it forward like this.

On shift today. Last bump before i wrap this one up. Lens is in EX condition! A great lens, and you cant beat the price. Better deal than anything you will find on ebay! Look it up and see for yourself.
Want to see this go to a forever home where it will see some use again. This is the super multi coated version.
Moving soon so i dont want to have to drag it to the new place. Someone must need a nice SMC telephoto lens in M42 mount!

I would LOVE to have this lens. I have been looking at these for a couple months now on ebay. I bought the 50 1/2 SMC-A a few months ago and fell in love with these lenses. I would love to get this lens from you. I am also short on this focal length. I only have a 135 mm and am in desperate need of a 200. You would be my saint if i could get this from you!!!!!! :hail:

I forgot to add that i have a canon rebel XS with a SMC-A 50mm1/2 and a 28-135 mm Canon EF IS lens. I already have the M42 adapter since i almost won one of these on ebay.

Most reactions

Back