DONATING Takumar 200mm f/4 (m42)

Ok of no one wants it then I'll take it. Didnt know this was already going on.

Its the Asahi Pentax Super Takumar SMC-A 50mm f2.0. I got lucky on it because some guy picked it up at an estate sale and sold it to me. It had the front and back lens covers plus the original case. After using it a couple of times i have fallen in love with the Super Takumar line of lenses. They are very tough to beat! Its my go to lens when i walk around and take my photos. I only use the 18-135 for my zoom but its not much of a zoom haha

I would love it! I guess I would have to buy an adapter though. I have a 5D Mark II current lenses are Canon 50 1.8, 35 1.8, 85 1.8, 24-105 f/4, and a promaster 70-300 (which is my brothers and he does want it back :)) I have seen so much generosity out of people on this forum!

Going to wrap this one up tomorrow. Been busy getting ready to move.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gonna be a tough one. not much interest in this poor old lens.
(maybe I should just start tossing these older lenses)
I'll see how it goes once im up, moving, and a little more coherent.

I own one of these...this lens will work quite WELL on any Canon EOS body....APS-C or Full-frame or 1.3x models...with an inexpensive m42 to Canon EF adapter from e-Bay or Fotodiox. I believe it could also be adapted to many different mirrorless cameras, with the right adapter. Not really sure on what mirrorless systems work with what.

With this in mind i would like to put my name onto the hat. I don't have a 200mm, but would definetly love one.

Definitely still interested in this one :) I could really use a lens like this on my old camera. Please see my earlier post

well, this was a tough one. I was a little sad to see so little interest for such a nice minty lens, but that does seem to be a problem with the older manual lenses that aren't very specific rare ones. I might have considered keeping this one if I had a canon body to mount it to, but im not really a fan of manual lenses anyway so...its probably for the better that this goes to someone that will actually (hopefully) make use of it. irfan.in.tx seemed to be the best suited to get this lens since he is already using takumar m42 lenses and is familiar with them. he has several nice ones already, and I hope that this one will help round out his collection. (would like to know which USSR lenses he has)

anyway, congrats to ifran.in.tx
PM me your name/address and I will get it shipped out to you as soon as i get the chance.
please post here when you receive it. pictures of it would be nice as well.

Congrat's to the winner

:band:

Thank you, Pixmedic.

I'm looking forward to using this lens, and will share pictures on this forum. If I tire of it or find myself not using it much, I will offer it for donation as you have done.

The Soviet era lenses I have are: Helios 44-2 58mm and the Jupiter 9 85mm. I use the Helios often, but haven't had the time to fully explore the Jupiter.

Thanks again. PMing address.

well, this was a tough one. I was a little sad to see so little interest for such a nice minty lens, but that does seem to be a problem with the older manual lenses that aren't very specific rare ones. I might have considered keeping this one if I had a canon body to mount it to, but im not really a fan of manual lenses anyway so...its probably for the better that this goes to someone that will actually (hopefully) make use of it. irfan.in.tx seemed to be the best suited to get this lens since he is already using takumar m42 lenses and is familiar with them. he has several nice ones already, and I hope that this one will help round out his collection. (would like to know which USSR lenses he has)

anyway, congrats to ifran.in.tx
PM me your name/address and I will get it shipped out to you as soon as i get the chance.
please post here when you receive it. pictures of it would be nice as well.

lens is boxed up and in the mail. USPS guesstimate ETA is Wednesday.

Received package Thursday.

Will get to try it out on the weekend or next week.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back