Donating->Tamron 28-300mm....Watch!

I will throw my hat (or watch) into the ring! :)
I do have a watch, it is a digital Casio that is solar powered, and I have had it for over three years. It is my work watch and is covered in paint, dings, scratches, and all sorts of crud! But it keeps working, and it doesn't matter if it gets wet, or smacked against something. But it would be great to have a "Nice" watch, to wear when I go to town and such.
I don't own a Tamron lens, I have always like the looks of them, but just haven't had the money for one yet. :)
Even though this would be a really cool watch to have, Barb is the better candidate, and she would be a great choice, since she has the lens to match. :)

Where's the freaking hug smiley when I want it!
How this one?
big-dog-smile.jpg

aieojMbi4.gif

That is pretty good advertising.
I didn't know Tamron had a 28-300 as I've been eyeing the Nikon 28-300 for a general walk around lens with reach for some time hoping the $$ drops like a watch, I mean rock.
Throw my name into the bezel for that cool watch.

I just looked on Ebay and they are not to badly priced. :) tamron 28-300mm nikon | eBay
Yeah I checked them out. There's 2 versions.
The older one model A06/AD06 /AD061 Tamron LD A06 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 LD XR which are going for really cheap
and the newer one model A20 / A010 with the PZD motor in the lens

but even used the newer one is $300 or so.
but i'm slightly confused by the models right now. more research into it. I see that they also have a 180mm macro lens too.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I didn't know Tamron had a 28-300 as I've been eyeing the Nikon 28-300 for a general walk around lens with reach for some time hoping the $$ drops like a watch, I mean rock.

I just looked on Ebay and they are not to badly priced. :) tamron 28-300mm nikon | eBay
The older one model A06/AD06 /AD061 Tamron LD A06 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 LD XR which are going for really cheap

but i'm slightly confused by the models right now. more research into it. I see that they also have a 180mm macro lens too.

One of these days when I buy a newer lens (instead of 30+ year old one) It will most likely be Tamron, they get great reviews, and seem like very good quality for the price.

One of these days when I buy a newer lens (instead of 30+ year old one) It will most likely be Tamron, they get great reviews, and seem like very good quality for the price.
The only Tamron I have is the 150-600 Tamzooka. It has nice mechanics, etc unlike the Sigma 150-500 which was awful comparatively. All my other lenses are Nikon, but the Nikon 28-300 is way too much $$ even used.

The only Tamron I have is the 150-600 Tamzooka. It has nice mechanics, etc unlike the Sigma 150-500 which was awful comparatively. All my other lenses are Nikon, but the Nikon 28-300 is way too much $$ even used.

A 600mm would be great! :)

A 600mm would be great! :)
well the 28-300 PZD (latest version of 3) is on my eBay watch list now. They're selling used for around $365 to $400 used.

Is this thread still going? Anyone actually talking about the watch?
Has interest finally sputtered out?

Im very interested, I think thats super cool. Thats awesome to whoever gets it.

Youre constantly doing sweet donations on here man, good for you. Its nice to see that happen in the community. Too many people are out for themselves.

as of yesterday, im working every day until next monday.
so....i might be a little behind in getting things wrapped up here.
not saying i definitely will be, but I probably definitely will be.

I thought you already gave away the watch for some reason.
I was interested .. made me interested in the lens too .. just debating on a lens, or a vintage coin or saving the money for a rainy day. lol

as of yesterday, im working every day until next monday.
so....i might be a little behind in getting things wrapped up here.
not saying i definitely will be, but I probably definitely will be.

Can we get a ferret picture to hold us over?

Oh that's even better! A cute kid with a cute ferret in a cute picture! :586:

Most reactions

Back