Donna (seated)

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one is large format, 4x5, ilford fp4+ 125 developed in kodak D76 with a 1-stop push. Untouched scan (some dust & scratches)

donna-seated-burlap-155-med.jpg

Very nice; I'm not sure about the raw edge of the canvas (or whatever it is); it jars a bit.

like.
can't provide cc. Too far into artistic vision and abstract from the standard portraiture for me to question. Nice photo however. Nice attempt at balance.

Very nice; I'm not sure about the raw edge of the canvas (or whatever it is); it jars a bit.
Thank you sir ... I wonder if you can confirm whether I'm right about something I think I got wrong.

There's a lot of her that got some really soft focus. The middle of the hair is sharp, but the burlap is soft, but just above ... the burlap is sharp, and the hair is soft!

The camera was pointed down about 10-15 degrees. I tilted the read standard back to make it parallel with her back (perpendicular to ground) to correct the perspective but I NEGLECTED TO MOVE THE FRONT STANDARD. So its axis was pointed down, with the camera. So this put the intersection of the back plane and the lens board plane about 4 feet below the camera. This means that the focal plane was tilted such that it went through the middle of her head and intersected the burlap above her head. Scheimpflug rule.

What I should have done is also tilted the front lens board so that it was also perpendicular to the ground so that focal plane would have been all down her back.

Does that sound right?

Thank you sir ... I wonder if you can confirm whether I'm right about something I think I got wrong.

There's a lot of her that got some really soft focus. The middle of the hair is sharp, but the burlap is soft, but just above ... the burlap is sharp, and the hair is soft!

The camera was pointed down about 10-15 degrees. I tilted the read standard back to make it parallel with her back (perpendicular to ground) to correct the perspective but I NEGLECTED TO MOVE THE FRONT STANDARD. So its axis was pointed down, with the camera. So this put the intersection of the back plane and the lens board plane about 4 feet below the camera. This means that the focal plane was tilted such that it went through the middle of her head and intersected the burlap above her head. Scheimpflug rule.

What I should have done is also tilted the front lens board so that it was also perpendicular to the ground so that focal plane would have been all down her back.

Does that sound right?
That sounds correct to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back