Don't Dump Animals - VR photo to address an issue

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by arampan, May 8, 2008.

1. arampan

arampan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I wanted to feel what it was like to be an abandoned pet so I made a trip to the SPCA and locked myself in one of cages for a while. I then photographed this VR in the hope that viewers will understand how wrong it is to buy a pet and then abandon it just because you lose interest.

Check out the VR: http://www.singaporevr.com/vrs/spca/spca.html

[​IMG]

2. MarcusM

MarcusM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That's pretty interesting. How many shots does it take to do a VR like that?

Yea, it's pretty lame to abandon a pet - I'm pretty sure a lot of people see pets as these cute little cuddly creatures that they can put away when they're done satisfying their own emotional desires, and don't think about the actual amount of work including obedience training and house training that is involved.

All our pets (2 cats and a dog) have been "acquired" either by someone giving them away, the SPCA, and taking in a stray.

3. arampan

arampan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  4. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Is the dog gonna be okay? The one in the photo, that is. I'm already emotionally attached to him! (must mean its a good photo)

5. arampan

arampan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If I'm not mistaken... he's in a sponsored cage so he'll continue to receive food and shelter until someone adopts him.

6. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very cool. I find it admirable that out of all the subjects you could have used to promote your product, you pick on that raises an important issue. Plus that was a very demanding subject. The cage has such strong lines that your product really had to work well in order to not distort the cage... I mean, its kind of like in the lens reviews how they take the photo of the grid (cause it shows all the distortions of the lens). You have a good product!

I'm a sucker for dogs, and something about the wide-angle lens shot of the dog's snout/face really got me. I really like it (plus, the dog looks very optimistic, so that's a plus). It would be a shame if I had to fly to Singapore just to adopt that dog :)