Don't know what's wrong with my wireless flash trigger

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys! So, I have a Yongnuo RF-603 wireless flash shutter trigger and I don't understand how to make it work. I'm using it with a Nikon D7000 and a Nikon Flash SB 700. The RF 603 goes on and off, aparently works, but when I put it on my camera it doesn't make the flash work. I followed the instructions and nothing happens. Any advice?

I think there is a proper order in which to turn on each unit.

Starting with everything turned OFF,

First, the remote flash.
Second; the receiving unit (TR)
Third; the transmitting unit (TX)
Fourth; the camera.

I think @Braineack has the 603 triggers on his Nikon D610.

ooh, just want to confirm that you bought the 603N and not the 603C triggers. The "N" is Nikon and "C" Canon.

..I don't understand how to make it work.
Sometimes import product instructions are difficult to follow for a variety of reasons, so I looked at a few You-Tube videos to see if there are any good ones.

There aren't.

I don't know why it is apparently so darned difficult to make a simple instructional video.

I have four of them, but replaced them all for the YN-622Ns.

Never had any issues, they are pretty simple: set them all up on same channel, turn them on. you should see the green status light connect them all when you have-way press.

Never had any issues, they are pretty simple: set them all up on same channel, turn them on. you should see the green status light connect them all when you have-way press.
Okay, so how do I set them on same channel? Sorry, but I'm really confused by all this.

I put both mine in trx no matter what Im doing. I attach one to the camera sometimes, sometimes as a remote.

Also, batteries, they die if you leave it on. Happens all the time lol.

So, I tried everything everyone said here. I put them both in the same channel, changed the batteries, tried multiple orders to switch everything on and nothing! I see the lights turning green and red, it seems everything works fine but the flash doesn't do anything. Any more recommendations or maybe I have to go to the camera repair guy.

Can you attach the receiver to the flash with a sync cord?

Most reactions

Back