Dont laugh!(It seemed like a good idea at the time)

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Archangel.jpg

Are you laughing,you better not be laughing:playball:

it is what we call Kitsch in Germany ...
but nice and moody kitsch :) well done technically and there will be people who really like it i am sure!

just i would not put it up on my wall ;)

oh, and by the way, us europeans should be sleeping by now anyway ;)

hmm.. good question i alwas have trouble to answer.... there is no good translation into English, therefore some Brits adopted the word "kitsch" and use it even in English.

I could only give examples of Kitsch, ... like putting up plastic dwarves in your garden, or .. well, hard to describe ... .

it does not mean cheap, some kitsch can be very expensive ... could someone help? Corinna? *lol*

chris82 said:
when I said it ryhmes with "git"I did not mean cheap.I meant.. as in poo!:biglaugh:

shh! ... I'm better off to bed now :wink:

Hey Chris, I really like this photo. Its like a Sci-Fi kinda thing!!!!! Very cool!!!!!!!!

very cool...you have some good skills!

This should much rather be in the "Graphics Programmes" of "Digital Photography" ... it goes far beyond photography alone. I think I shall move it over there.

And it does not meet my personal taste, but it need not. Why should it.
But I don't laugh!

("I don't know why I did it, it seemed like a good idea at the time, there were no other amusements or games to play to pass the night away ..." this is a song by Mike Batt, were you thinking of that one when you chose the title for this thread?)

We use kitsch here in the U.S. too - or at least we did before the younger people on the forum grew up.

LaFoto said:
("I don't know why I did it, it seemed like a good idea at the time, there were no other amusements or games to play to pass the night away ..." this is a song by Mike Batt, were you thinking of that one when you chose the title for this thread?)

No Lafoto,I wasent thinking of mike batt,I ment it seemed like a good idea at the time to insert the angel and lense flares but now that I look at the image Im quite happy with it.Its not as good as some of the graphic edited shots Ive seen on here but I like it none the less,

P.S.Your showing your age ther lafoto,Mike batt!!;)

Yes, I might be showing my age, but then it is no secret any longer, is it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back