Dont look if you hate selective coloring...

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Ahhh, you looked anyway huh? Here are a couple from a wedding I am working on...

fay1.jpg

fay2.jpg

fay3.jpg

fay4.jpg

Doug Raflik

3rd and 4th are awesome. I really like the soft-focus effect as well.

I like #1, as the others all hurt my eyes with the white intensity. You are a brave soul filming a totally white bride and groom! Yikes! On your selective coloring one, why not put some color in the groom's flowers? It might help draw your eye up to the couple.

Nice shots, but indeed the white is very blown-out. Try to reduce the brightness, and this will also bring back details in the dress/suit that is lost now.

I love #3 & #4. What an awesome spot to take photos. I would love to see more!!!!!

When I do selective coloring I usually either do the main point in the picture or the background to make the main point stand out more. I do like selective coloring!!!! I think you did a good job though. Everyone's different. :)

On your selective coloring one, why not put some color in the groom's flowers? It might help draw your eye up to the couple.

I was thinking the same thing. I love selective color, but it has to be subtle and with purpose, and doesn't work for every photograph. With this one, I'm drawn to the flowers on the deck, and with a photo like this (and I'm sure the bride would agree) the couple should be the center of attention. I agree with wildmaven, I would have colored the boutinier (or however that is spelled) or made the whole thing B&W and given the couple themselves about 20% color saturation...just enough to pink up their skin just a bit....might not work with the white dress and tux, but you never know till ya do it...

Most reactions

Back