dont need an expensive camera to capture emotion

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Ok, I was in the craft store with my wife and little one..

I just realized how cute she was being, of course the only camera I could get my hands on was my wifes old canon powershot... within seconds I had turned off the flash, set it to sephia/cloudy to bring out some yellow, and 1/60 with spot metering @ like f 2.6 and set the manual focus to like 8 meters or something, (darn metric system) and iso 200......
wow this little thing has a lot of manual settings....

I adjusted levels in PS afterwards and re sharpened and stuff... but still nice little camera...

God I love canons...
before you go buy a super expensive digital rangefinder,
---check out your wifes purse first... :sexywink:

1. Trees dont fit into baskets
ctmichaels1.jpg

2. Yes thats a TeddyBear magazine in her basket
ctmichaels2.jpg

3. My basket..
ctmichaels3.jpg

4. Going to the frame center
ctmichaels4.jpg

5. Serene Peace
ctmichaels5.jpg

6. Talll Trees
ctmichaels6.jpg

7. If I think hard enough, Im sure I can destroy this ...
ctmichaels7.jpg

What an awesome series :thumbsup:

You captured the moment perfectly. She looks so happy in there. It's hard to pick a fav, but I really like #4.

Tell your wife we said thanks for carrying her camera :)

Ohhhh, what a sweet series!!! Good job! She looks so tiny, dragging that big basket behind her with the teddy bear magazine in it (or dragging her coat down the aisle in the frame department). #5 is really cute too, as she looks all angelic. But #7 shows her other side...plopped down in the aisle, considering how to 'destroy' the item, with a trail of debris in the aisle behind her. Absolutely precious. Thanks for sharing these.

the only camera I could get my hands on was my wifes old canon powershot... ......wow this little thing has a lot of manual settings....

These Powershots are quite "powerful" little tools. I still love mine alot, that one having been the first digital camera I OWNED (worked with a borrowed one for a while before I got myself that Powershot) - and although I sure bring the 350D for bigger occasions, the Powershot (with its quite many manual settings, indeed!) still can so easily go EVERYWHERE in the pocket.

And you captured a series that is so full of a story - AND all these emotions, which you would have lost otherwise (and we would never have been able to see this with you, to share it with you, and I am happy that we now can!!!).

While I quite like Photo 2 of your little one lugging that big shopping basking around, I best like Photo 4 in the frame department. The surroundings make her look so small! Wonderful.

How old is she?

Amazing :stun: :shock: :cheer:

I can not say which one I prefer, but this is a great serie you made :thumbup:
You catched so well the emotion, it s funny because sometimes it seems like she does not see you and sometimes she is plaing with you and give you a smile, very nice

Best for me are 3, 4, 5, 7

Mat

i totall agree with your heading! :)

but the powershot is not really cheap. it is cheap compared tio dslrs , true. but then again those are cheap with respect to MF digitals ;)

Some really nice shots you have there ---

Beautiful pictures, I love them! Number 1 is my favorite, definately.

Powershots are the best little cameras for a reasonable price (Mine was $150).

I totally agree.

Everything I've ever taken is with a Canon A610. Great camera...

(why am I buying a Nikon DSLR instead of Canon again?)

www.flickr.com/photos/rmthompson You can view all my pics all done with the Canon A610... and then you can use advance search and see ALL pictures taken with that camera from all users.

Some will amaze you.

thanks guys for the comps... shes soo cute, I just have to share the pics.
shes just 21 months...

there are other point and shoots that are cool too !! not just canon, i'm just partial since Ive had good times with them. I've also had good times with a sony p&S too... the cybershots are awsome machines as well.....

What a great series. I really like #4, closely followed by #1 and 2. She's adorable and you captured your trip very well :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back