Don't rely on legal opinion from the internet

chris

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this since it's not directly related to photography but we do get a lot of posts asking for legal advice. The article below is about someone who depended upon what he had found on the internet rather than taking advice from a professional which would undoubtedly have saved him a considerable amount. As is often advised here, do not rely upon non-professional legal advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35772704

So wait, I shouldn't ask the plumber how to do my taxes?

Many people don't want to pay for proper legal advice.
And thus somehow expect free internet advice to equal costly local legal advice.
I don't advise that, but then, you're reading this on the internet.

Not sure where to put this since it's not directly related to photography but we do get a lot of posts asking for legal advice. The article below is about someone who depended upon what he had found on the internet rather than taking advice from a professional which would undoubtedly have saved him a considerable amount. As is often advised here, do not rely upon non-professional legal advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35772704

I heard, as long as you tell a judge you heard it online, you can get away with any crime.

Many people don't want to pay for proper legal advice.
And thus somehow expect free internet advice to equal costly local legal advice.
I don't advise that, but then, you're reading this on the internet.

Both spot on, and funny!

(quote) "If Mr Wales had consulted a real solicitor from the outset he would have only received one charge at £60 and not almost £3,000."

Even better; if he had removed his car before two hours, it would have cost him nothing.

"Signs, Bah!" "Signs are for other people, not me!"

Last edited:
As Abraham Lincoln always said, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet!"

So wait, I shouldn't ask the plumber how to do my taxes?

Depends..... does your plumber have a Facebook page?

Germans might browse this site: d e j u r e . o r g

Of course its not legal advice, but its tons of laws and court rulings.
but it's on the internet, so beware.
consult your local lawyer, but be careful if they advertise on the internet.
Matter of fact, don't even get on the internet then you won't have any worries.
Just remember, you read it here first, on the internet.
:)

It never ceases to amaze me how any people consult perfect strangers on the internet, and blindly accept opinion (and sometimes outright lies) as fact.

cb3ba1cdffbb4f66f6a193dbd4981ce4.jpg

Most reactions

Back