Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Come on, I dare you. Touch my apple.

DSCF0970.JPG

DSCF1063a.JPG

C & C welcome.

AHH, I just screamed when I opened this. :lol:
*steals apple* I like snakes, but it freaked me out. This is a nice photo, though. Very... er... surprising. :mrgreen:
Did you pose them like that, or did they go up to it by themselves?

she posed for me, but it took 174 pics to find a few i liked. after a brief sorting i'm down to 64 but I'll go through them again in a couple days.

edit: here's a couple of the girls together.

DSCF0993a.JPG

DSCF0995a.JPG

Well, I ultimately fixed the warning thing for you, Joseph, so it also shows in the title of the Index Page.

And hey, what wonderful COLOURS that your snakes may be in.
Green!
How I love that colour. (Yeah: breaking news of the day! :wink: Stop yawning, crowd! :greenpbl: )

What snakes are these?
They would not really want to eat that apple, now would they? Snakes and apples....!?!?!

Did you take these inside their terrariums?
How do you make those plants grow?
Or are they not live plants?

I love snakes, and apples. I really like seeing both all close up and nicely composed, probably why the first is my fav.

Try to set your shutter fairly fast and get them with their tongue out next time.

OR

Get the camera out while its eating and snap a shot while one is in the middle of a strike, now that would be cool!

That really is a lovely pair of boas, have you a male too by any chace? There is nothing like new born boas for nice subject matter.

Sorry to put the cat among the pidgions, but do we really have to have a warning for SNAKES :grumpy: If so then i think we should have one for SLUGS too, the give me the complete creeps, and that slime they leave all over the place, and squirrels too, they are really just tree rats in posh cloths, but really they shead everywhere and chew all the cabling in the house, and they dont even eat slugs...

:)

tim

Thanks LaFoto, I tried to fix it but it only seemed to work once inside the thread. These are Boa constrictor imperator, aka the common boa, aka the Columbian red tailed boa. They won't eat the apple, no worries there. The apple was my snack and I knew you'd love the colour. The plant is a "wandering jew" thats in my living room but made for a nice background.

tpe: I don't have a male for these girls yet. I'm going to pick up a couple this summer. And while i find the snake warning a bit much(everyone has a phobia about something), I will bow to the censorship consensus:hail:.

milkofglass: i'll try to get some tongue and strike shots for you.

Most reactions

Back