Dont Tread On Me

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
heres one a did today, let me know what you think, thanks!

Cactus1wallpaper2.jpg

It's interesting. I'm not sure how to critique this one.

well, what are your feeligns about it? no good? good? something else?

Im not a fan of closeup shots like these (macro?)
but this one is very appealing ;)

Good job putting orange behind it. The high contrast and bizarre coloring seem to move me a little. Seeing the title and having a semi-slow internet connection I saw the picture load slowly and I was really thinking there would be a beetle or something crawling inbetween the spikes. They say a good photo tells a story, and that story combined with this already catchy title, would imply that the beetle penetrated the cactus' defenses, and the cactus just wants to be left alone.
A moving photo on its own but I dunno just thought there should be a bug. sorry if that's the weirdest critique you've heard. lol

haha, thats ok, i just couldnt think of a better title for it... maybe i'll try and find an unsuspecting insect to put in there...

Interesting combination of colors and great use of accentuating that feature through DOF. What I see is that there is a powerful connection; an idolization of the cactus, its spikes personifies it as "a king basking in warmth and solitude." Great work.

wow... very insightful StanAG!, thanks for all the great commments!

Spontaneous feelings?

Ouch! Spikey!

Further thoughts?
The orange background was a good choice. That colour and the cactus green go well together. Warm contrast. Apart from feeling spikey, the photo feels "warm".

It is interesting to see how the farther spikes become "softer" by the DOF, though that very sight makes me curious to see the same photo with ALL the spikes in focus for a change ...

i was sort of walking the line between sharpness and DOF with this one, i found that when i increased the DOF, the image started getting kind of soft , so i was sort of trying to go with as much DOF as i could while still maintaining image quality. another problem i was having is that the background texture started to show up, and i didnt really want that

thanks Sean, i'm glad i captured it's true cactusosity

dont like the color?

Most reactions

Back