Don't try this in court.

That is just dumb to me the fact that they are laughing while someone is talking in the court that has just lost a loved one i think that they both deserved the 93 day jail time for it not just the one

Both jerks deserve something to cry about.

I am so torn on this. Yes, it was totally disrespectful to joke and laugh about the killing of another ... but, I think that 93 days seems quite harsh ... but, their public defender will get that lowered to 30 days ... then time off for good behavior ... so 15 days. Even that seems harsh for a simple crime of disrespect. But then I am measuring that punishment against me ... I don't need 15 days in jail to learn to be respectful ... most likely those people need a lot more time to think about their actions than I.

Sadly, I feel this is not an isolated incident. I am wondering about what ever happened to respect for others, our institutions and ourselves in this society. My parents were part of the 'Greatest Generation', my father a Marine at Guadalcanal, my mother a nurse, they were much more respectful of authority, less likely to question authority than I, a Vietnam War protestor.

Last edited:
If you joke around and laugh in church God will punish you. If you joke and laugh around in Court the Judge will punish you because in court the judge is GOD!

I would not have sentenced them to 93 days. I hate odd numbers like that. 180 days is a much nicer number. Especially for the nature of this particular criminal contempt of the court.

Our civilization is evolving, not for the good IMO, and more rapidly than in the past because people are inundated with all kinds of crap from the all the various kinds of media we have today.

When I was a kid there were 3 TV channels and they only broadcast from 7 am to midnight.

And.
These days it seems everyone has some lame excuse they use to justify behaving badly.

These days it seems everyone has some lame excuse they use to justify behaving badly.

To be fair, every incident like this is magnified thanks to the Internet. So it begs the question whether incidents like this are more frequent or we just hear about them more often now.

To be fair, every incident like this is magnified thanks to the Internet. So it begs the question whether incidents like this are more frequent or we just hear about them more often now.

There have always been jerks and idiots and bigots and murders and stuff - its just that today we are bombarded with them. In the past you might not hear about most because there wasn't any way for you to hear about them. you'd only have local news mostly plus really BIG news from the nation. So little stuff like this never got any attention.

today the internet lets you hear this kind of news all the time if you want; and some people have jobs which rely on making you want to or at least end up coming into this news all the time. So yeah if you want the net can show you all this stuff going on all the time.

As for this incident it happens; the harsh punishment might be the judge exercising legal muscle; it might be that the people involved have some history of this or other elements that isn't reported on in the gossip news etc...

I am also aware that laughter isn't just a tool of mockery; its apparently also a function of the body and mind in reacting when the person has no idea how to react in a given situation. It's why people do end up laughing at really inappropriate times, because the mind hasn't got a clue what to do so it laughs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back