Don't you just love Xmas time??

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wasn't set on spending too much this year but I splurged and bought a Samsung Blu Ray player with the NETFLIX capability (we subscribe), which means I can watch on TV any movie with Instant status. Fine... I come home and try to connect the sucker... The older TV doesn't have an HDMI input... and no other connection worked well. So, in a moment of panic, trying to make the best of the $130 I spent on the Blu Ray player, I ordered a Samsung LED TV, a 40 incher. Now I'm all set... Or so I think! I try to connect the Blu Ray to my Dolby Digital receiver (Sony) and I hear an internal click/funny noise. A message appears on the display, UNLOCK. Hmm... I call Sony, panicking that somehow, something went wrong. They tell me that something went wrong!!! And the repair should be around a couple hundred, maybe three hundred. Great!!! What's next??? A trip to the local Electronic Warehouse and I end up with a nice HDMI ready amp/receiver. I hope this is the last of the unexpected purchases for this Xmas!!! Grrrrrrr...:lol:

i have the instant on my 360....you have to learn to search for movies (if you have never used it before)....a majority of the movies in instant are crap....but, they have a lot of decent indepedant, and crapload of excellent foreign films...

watch these two first if you havent seen them..
the experiment
them (made in 2007 one)

The joy of electronics... :grumpy:

By the way, the fewer connections there are, the better. If you are using an amp, I imagine you are using external speakers instead of the ones built into the tv. In that case, connect your DVD player straight to the tv thru HDMI for the video and connect to the amp only for the audio.

Cheers and enjoy the new toys.

i
the experiment
them (made in 2007 one)

Yep, watched them both. The Experiment was a great little flick, I loved the transformation of the characters.

The joy of electronics... :grumpy:

By the way, the fewer connections there are, the better. If you are using an amp, I imagine you are using external speakers instead of the ones built into the tv. In that case, connect your DVD player straight to the tv thru HDMI for the video and connect to the amp only for the audio.

Cheers and enjoy the new toys.

I use the BOSE Acoustimass system speakers (little cubes). Thanks for the tip!:D

i
the experiment
them (made in 2007 one)

Yep, watched them both. The Experiment was a great little flick, I loved the transformation of the characters.

i know, and you know what, that movie is prob pretty true to life...

have you seen der untergang? that is the best ww2 movie ever made

have you seen der untergang? that is the best ww2 movie ever made

Have I seen it?? I own the DVD!! I loved it...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

Back