Doppelgänger - C+C?

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by PatrickGliem, Apr 21, 2010.

1. PatrickGliem

PatrickGliem TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So.. I'm starting a new photos series and these are some of the preliminary shots. I've quoted what I've written for the concept and I'm curious as to how well you guys think these images match.. and how they stand as photographs by themselves. Thanks for any comments!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. mwcfarms

mwcfarms No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Suffice to say I'm creeped out lol.

3. PatrickGliem

PatrickGliem TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hahahah well thanks you guys! I'll take that as a compliment.

I added two new photos that I've taken. Curious as to what you think!

Thanks again!

4. mwcfarms

mwcfarms No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I like 5 as well. 4 is way to busy with the extra props. My eye is wandering all over.

5. rokclmb

rokclmb TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The concept is pretty cool. My problem is that in the photos you can't really tell that they are the "same" person. You can't really see the face or any other distingushing features, except in the first picture.

6. TylerF

TylerF TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    how did you do #2? i like it, but you can't tell who the person underneath is, i thought it was a female to be honest. it's the shorts i think

7. PatrickGliem

PatrickGliem TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you guys for the responses! I agree that it's difficult to tell it's the same person in most of them. I was talking with a friend about it today and she mentioned how it'd probably be in my best interest to take at least a few where it was blatantly obvious it was the same person. I took another today that I like, but I don't want to overload the topic or anything? I'll link to it here rather than in the first post.

@erose: Yeah, I was pretty excited when that happened! I took around two or three photos on the bottom and top of the staircase so I had a few options when pulling them together and I was happy that it happened like that.

@mwcfarms: Ahhh, okay. I tried to keep a high contrast in the important area of the photo [black clothes on white] but I guess it didn't work out too well. Haha you should see all the crap I moved, too. I actually shot that in the basement, so there was a ton of stuff lying around. Thanks for your input!

@rokclmb: I agree! haha thanks for the comment.

@TylerF: Haha dude it sucked. After I had taken the photos and uploaded them, they didn't match up. Not only that, but I actually used two different pillows on accident and one was darker. So I had to do a bunch of warping and distorting to get them to overlap properly. Thanks for the comment!

This is the new image I took today. It's not as dark as the others, but I'd like to address some more casual settings as well for this concept because it's not simply about death. It's also about having this other person alongside you always.

[​IMG]

8. shmne

shmne No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Personally they are too dark for my liking, and with that you are hiding the key detail that it is the same person.

You don't need to nuke the photos but bring it up 1/3 of a stop or two.

I like the concept a lot and hope you don't give up on it! Just focus on the face more since that is the star in these photos.

9. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    But even though you can't really see that it is the same person in 3 (or in the others), I still find 3 successfully creepy. Whoa! That expression! Way cool.