dose your spellings help you to take photos...

-faith-

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so we have desovered i really cant spell, i have poor a consept of gramma and i dont understand everything about my cam, but i have been told that i have an eye for taking photos wot do u think.
(honest answers please. this isnt me being big headed. i would just like some feed back or advice)

l_450d77eec56f5332ca17c13b0095df16.jpg
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...e&friendID=79994252&albumID=0&imageID=4728760
this is a close friend of mine who wishes to remain nameless...

l_2416167f76e224874bf956ec69f111cc.jpg

portsmouth hover-craft at sundown

l_fc800639d5b5bbc13b8fa4d9aa8e36b5.jpg

some where in southsea...

l_399d4c3cbc7978924d8b9e2de216384e.jpg

this boat was crushed by a falling crain like 3 days after this shot was taken no lie its in the news

l_2ff0b514678f05047ea50beb595b72d1.jpg

fooling around with exsposure

l_144ae7896e5bc80105b74ea722748165.jpg

taken in a dark room with the flash on...

l_5971d9a6d9a20d1a8a80113220160923.jpg

southsea again...

l_056faaa8a362474549080e4f53549d30.jpg

my pocket watch

l_87d21939a087d48dcfb24062cd4793c5.jpg

my frend Jew fire spinning

so wot do you think?
all advice will be helpfull...
thanks.

interesting, I cannot see any pics there, just advertising ...

If I can make some suggestions (just bear in mind I'm a noob, and my comments are JMO, not to mention that I don't know what look your were going for in each picture)...

#1 - Great idea but think your depth of field could be deeper (more in focus), my eye was first drawn to the chain around her neck and it's not in focus.

#2 - Would have been nice to see more of the subject (hover craft...don't know what that is) but the sunset is nice.

#3 - I like this one, wouldn't change anything but maybe remove the orange dot.

#4 - A little busy, but that can't be avoided at a location like this.

#5 - ?? Not really a picture of anything in particular so I have nothing to say

#6 - Interesting but the dark area to the right is distracting, could be more to the center to avoid this.

#7 - Many people try to avoid the flare effect that is seen in the top left corner but I like it in some pictures, I think it suits this one.

#8 - Rather blurry, I would have focussed on the face of the watch myself.

#9 - I like this one. The man is a little on the blurry side but I think that because of the low light this would've been hard to avoid. I'm assuming this was taken handheld.

I hope that you posted these pics because you wanted honest criticism. I certainly hope so, because here that's what you're going to get. I haven't had the balls to post any of my pictures on TPF yet because I'm not sure I can take the criticism yet. I'm very new to real photography (meaning not P&S) and still very much in the learning phase. Good luck!

#6 - Interesting but the dark area to the right is distracting, could be more to the center to avoid this.

firstly thanks just cos your a noob dosent mean u cand give advice
seconendly by making the image more centered i would have had half a mirror in the shot which with the flash would have been even more distracting but thanks your comments and very hepfull

i don't find any of the images to be particularly outstanding.
Composition is centred in some, others underexposed, blurred, and not point of interest.

try using the rule of thirds when composing - it'll make most shots more interesting.
Exposure is important - silhuouettes are one thing but underexposed is another.
sharpness is vital.
and images should really have a subject for the eye to rest on otherwise they seem empty eg no 4

Honesty, as requested:

#1 is great.

I like #7.

The rest are good, but mainly impressive to non-photographers.

Pictures should go in the Gallery section.

Spelling will not help your photography, but reflects well on you, and your education. Good spelling and grammer shows your regard for yourself, and your respect for those whom you expect to read your missives.

I think it would be a really great idea to leave the precious nit picking alone luvvies , and remember that this is a new photographer asking for guidance.
I am dyslexic but it doesn't stop me (or Faith) from making an image or two.
Faith:
we all start from somewhere... usually the idea is to have fun and enjoy what we are doing.
I don't know if one of these "Critics" is actually David Baily (I do doubt it however, and it wouldn't change anything if he were). But if YOU like the image then you are more than half way there. If your friends like the image then you know you are on to something. If it is not main stream then you may be starting a fashion. And of course you MUST have a hide like a rhinosorous.....

the pics show promise, and an imagination (sadly lacking in some quarters) you will develope your own style as you go on and learn the technical side as you keep clicking. You are using your eyes, your camera and your brain... 3 out of 3 can't be a bad thing.

Keep going , keep posting and see if you can educate some of these highly acclaimed Turner prize winners, we have here....

Hi all

I thought this thread was interesting, and Faith I hope you don’t get too despondent about what was said. I am new to photography as well and while anyone who has taken a look at my pix think they are outstanding, I keep that in perspective... no offence to my friendly support team but their exposure to truly amazing photography is limited and a result their judgment will of course be skewed. (And while it is skewed in my direction I’m happy!)

I liked your pictures and you are right, they are great shots and as Captain… said – shows promise which I suspect it all you really wanted to know in the first place!? Make sure that you get a good balance of helpful critical advice on this forum as well as good support from your friends and family while you develop your photographic skills!

I would be interested in anyone who has commented on this threads opinion of a shot I took which I hope would encompass the rule of thirds. I’m undecided on it but over all was pleased with it. I can’t post it here (still figuring that out) but if you care to have a look, here is the URL:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/sanz_bucket/MahurangiWeekend028.jpg

My thinking on this one is that the yachts make up the top third, reflection of the sun and the water ‘changing colour’ making up the middle third and of course the dark shadowed water the final third. Any comments welcome – feel free to critique away!

Faith – be interested in your opinion!

sanz

While I think your photos may show that you have some 'eye' for composition, photography is equally as much or more about execution. If you can't make what your mind's eye sees into a good photograph that generates the same idea or feeling in strengers, you will have failed.

Your friends are not critics to rely on because 1) they like you 2) they probably have little experience with 'good' photographs and 3) if they are your age, and I assume its young, they are almost certainly reacting to the subject matter and its 'coolness - and the fact that they can't do it.

If you want to become a good photographer, take lots of pictures, develop a style, post the best for comment/critique and, most of all, look at good pictures and try to understand why they are good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back