Double Exposing with Leica Screwmount..

Time to Get Moving

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So I've been using a Leica IIIc for a while, and have finally found out how to make multiple exposures. The problem I have with it, is that each time I make an exposure and cock the shutter a second time, the film moves ever so slightly forward, actually a little more than a 1/4". It does this for every shot like this picture:
4.5.png

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the effect it gives, but if I'm trying to line it up perfect it can be hard to get it just right. Should I try to taught up the film before cocking the shutter? I guess I'm kind of answering my own questions here, but any input is appreciated!

Now my second question is after I make a few exposures after having cocked the shutter a few times, when I wind the film again it advances two spots; one advancing the film and the second advancing the film and cocking the shutter. I figure this is just to compensate for overlap, but are there any tricks to using this camera for doubles? Should I just stick to my pentax KX for multiples? I like the effects this camera gives but when you send your film to a lab they don't always cut the negatives and print the parts that you may want to..

Easy solution to the latter problem is ask the lab for uncut negatives. They'll give you the full roll, even mom/pop labs do that.

As for the thing with the Leica,... that's just not right. I don't think any cameras are supposed to normally do that. Maybe there's something wrong with the mechanism, can you play with it without any film in it and see what's going on?

Have you tried holding the take up spool's rewind knob while advancing to the shutter?

I have always requested my negatives uncut from the lab. Never had a problem.

I'll ask for uncut negatives from the labs, thats a good idea.

I'm going to try to hold the take up spools rewind knob, and I might try taking the first picture with the lens cap on, and taking the first exposure after I've re cocked the shutter.
Hopefully one of these tricks work, I think they will..

Most reactions

Back