Double-Exposure

MichaelMigz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright guys and gals. I have a question regarding double exposures. First of all, were talkin film here(none of the digital stitching). Ive always just gone out and done them not realizing what i take picture of first. However, this is for a project and i need to get it right. So, i want to take a picture of a field and have a ghostly image of a housing developtment. Which do i take a picture of first? Thanks TPF

That sounds like a cool idea. To be honest, unless the field and the estate are near each other, you'll be pushing your luck to get it right with a double exposure. I would personally vote for taking two pictures separately, getting the film done on CD and using Photoshop to combine the images.

The way I see it you've got a problem if they're not near each other, as with a double exposure, you halve the shutter speed of each shot to ensure that the total image is properly exposed.

I'll actually answer your question now! To do what you want with film using a double exposure, I would 3/4 expose the field first, then 1/4 expose the housing estate. This will make the field pretty solid, and the estate ghostly and shouldn't blow the picture.

Good luck, sounds like a great idea - would like to see your results.

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back