Double Exposures

moliver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend and I are planning a fun experiment. We'll each shoot a roll of film, rewind, swap, and then shoot over the other persons roll, creating two rolls of double exposures, and some hopefully interesting results.

What I'm wondering is should we underexpose every shot by 1 f-stop so that they aren't all over exposed? Or is there some strange process I'm not aware of that'll work this out on it's own somehow?

Thanks.

That's a neat idea.

It really depends what you shoot...but I think that underexposing would be a good idea. Maybe even more than one stop.

It depends what type of scene is going to be shot with both frames...

You'll probably get a few that will not turn out whatsoever, but yes...underexposing a stop would probably help that.

One stop is the way to go. The obvious exception is if, for instance, you're shooting a small subject against a large black background. But that's not what it sounds like your doing.

Good luck.

PS, if you're taking this to a 1-hour lab, they're probably going to be quite baffled. Be sure to explain what's going on.

My concern would be that the frames might not line up the way they're supposed to. But it's still an awesome idea.

thanks everyone!
I was also concerned about the frames lining up, then I realized it didn't much matter! haha, chaos and randomness are what we're going for I think. She's really worried she's going to screw it up, but I'm not really sure what that would even mean!

I'll post the some of the results whenever we manage to get this done.

Most reactions

Back