double trouble

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
wall 112514.jpg

I like this.. I think maybe I'd like to see a little more contrast though; it's a bit mid-tone rich.

I get a sort of robot facial vibe ... was that the intent?

Yes, robot face from 60-ties. "Danger, Will Robinson, danger !"

This is really a neat shot. The robot from lost in space was the first thing i thought of too. :)

Very nice. I think I might have kicked that trash bag over out of sight.

Joe

it is dirty. Kind of on the opposite end of the sunset pics. Takes some out of the way thinking even to shoot a dumpster photo. I like it.

Thanks guys. I guess I saw a face, but mostly I was interested in some repetitions in the composition, not just the obvious doubles, but pipes coming from different directions, and lots of rectangles.

John - I see your point about the tonal range, and I considered brightening the highlight range just below the tones on the door (the paint on the bricks, etc.), but didn't think that would look convincing. It is kind of a dark scene in a way.

Joe - I don't kick anything near dumpsters - never know about rats.

Brian - Yeah, I've gone down that "out of the way" road pretty far. Most people just think I'm crazy, but once I was shooting a close-up abstract on a dumpster out behind a shopping plaza and heard a car pull up next to me. I thought it would be security chasing me away, but it was just some guy driving by and he said to me: "I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who shoots dumpsters" and then drove away.

Most reactions

Back