Down by the River (need feedback)

Joey28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went down to the River today and did some fishing and took a few photos. I was far away from the other side of the border so I had to zoom in. I was using a 4.1 Mega Pixel Sony DSC - P73 Camera. I just need some feedback/opinions what I should do next time. I am taking a grade 11 Photography class in high school and I'm just learning the basics of a composition now. So I don't know alot but I am a pretty good artist I know all the principles & elements of design and everything like that.:lol:

Anyways, please a little feedback/opinions, what should I do next and how could I improve them? ;) Thanks

Here they are:
MOVIEFISHINGINPOND005.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND011.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND014.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND015.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND016.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND017.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND020.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND018.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND021.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND026.jpg

MOVIEFISHINGINPOND019.jpg

Alot of pictures, but what ones do you like (if any :lmao:) Feel free to say anything I don't care if it real criticism thats what I want feedback of what you think.

I shortened it, resized them and took out the blurry ones....hope this helps and get me some more feedback.

Do you have a tripod? If so, break it out. If not, you can get one for $30 at Walmart.

I wish they were resized to fit better ont he screen - I'm having a hard time looking at them.

The first - I can't tell if the ducks or the buildings are your subject - I think I would have liked to see more of the ducks.

Dead fish = grody. Sorry. Blech.

The series that involves #10 would be better if the horizon was horizonal - even a few degrees throws the viewer off. #10 is nice and a tripod would have improved it. The higher teens pics are a little blurry - again with the tripod. The colors are nice, though - a sharper image would have been great.

#17 is one of the nicer ones - the colors are very nice.

Your "rock in the water" pics are not doing it for me - undoubtedly that rock looked quite interesting in real life, but it doesn't translate well without the movement of the water etc.

Try choosing some every day objects that you can shoot close up - with that camera, I just don't think landscapes/long distance shots are going to look as nice as you want them to no matter what you do.

#8 is my favorite. you have a lot of blurry images posted. Im sure you realize your gonna get bad crit on those. so why bother posting them? But with that said, i agree with above statement. Use a tripod. especially for slow shutter.

Looks like you had fun on vacation.

Apart from the above criticisms, a lot of the horizons are out of wack, keep them horizontal. Also for better composition try not to centre the horizon inthe middle of the shot, the rule of thirds works better most of the time.
Resizing the shots and posting fewer of them would make it easier to view.
Finally, keep on trying, the more you practice the better you'll get.

Well I tried to resize them it didn't work...yeah I realized that the horizons were un balanced and they should always be as straight as possible but there was really nothing I could position my camera on. I do need a Tripod.

I posted the blurry ones because of their color Keith...they are gone now though

Thanks guys any more feedback/opinions would be appreciated

Yes, agree with the above feedback. You have to work on your horizons, alot of them aint straight. Also they are smack in the middle of the pic. As mentioned, try to google "rule of thirds". It really helps the composition of the picture. And the rule doesnt only aply to horizons offcourse, cause in #2 the subjects are also in the middle (and not in focus btw) which makes the pic a bit boring.
I think these ones dont need a tripod, since its broad day and enough light to take pics with good shutterspeeds. I think you focused on the wrong part of the pic. In #2 you were probably too close and the camera couldnt focus right anymore.
Thats all for now, need some breakfast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back