Down In Da Cwautas (sic) For CC Please

I like the shot, although the PP is just a little overpowering IMO.

Also, the cars in the shot bug me, especially the cut-off truck in the lower right. I think a slightly tighter crop would be better.

I felt the crop was as good as it gets. If I crop the car out in the lower right I would lose the window pane pattern on the upper right. To me that was more important for the overall feel of the image. However, it's probably possible to clone out the car without too, too much difficulty. I'll look into that.

Thanks for your comments.

I like the fact that the sign "Ursulines" is all intact. Reminds me of my old high school. "St. Ursula's" it was :D. (No where near New Orleans, though! :D) The nuns were referred to as "Ursulines". And so were the students often enough. ;)

I like the fact that the sign "Ursulines" is all intact. Reminds me of my old high school. "St. Ursula's" it was :D. (No where near New Orleans, though! :D) The nuns were referred to as "Ursulines". And so were the students often enough. ;)

The Ursulines or the Sisters of Ursula came to New Orleans in 1727 and brought education and medical care to a swamp hole of a place. The Old Ursulines Convent is the only remaining French colonial building in the United States. This building functions as an archive for the Archdiocese of New Orleans, as the nuns moved uptown in 1824. The prestigious Ursuline Academy is the convent’s girls school, located uptown now, and is the oldest girls school in the U.S. New Orleans owes much to these women.

I mention this little mini bio history of the nuns because it would seem appropriate that they would have schools all over the world named after them. The sign in the photo was important to me as I thought it provided some grounding…some significance, I think.

Thanks for your comments.

Most reactions

Back