Down in Venice

Andraste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aghostpage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last year I headed down to a comfy little town in Florida called Venice. It was beautiful and had sort of an 'antique' feel to it I guess. I enjoyed my stay.​

Here're a couple pics I took while I was down there the Summer of 2005.

4ac59de9.jpg

Took on an evening beach walk.

3b60b4de.jpg

This one I like quite a bit. Light and dark separated. ^^

93d7d6da.jpg

I couldn't have timed this any better :)

Thanks for looking! ^^

my mom just built a house in venice. is it nice there? i am helping her move in a couple weeks. looks nice from your pics anyway

Hey there Capt,

Yeah, Venice is pretty nice. It's a small little town, and has that everyone knows everyone feel to it. A short distance away is a very pretty town called Siesta Key. It has a gorgeous beach and plenty of places to shop and eat. I say your Mom'll be happy there. When you get a chance, head down. You'll like it too I bet. ^^

The pictures I took are all off of Venice Beach, which was walking distance from our vacation house while we were out there. It's very pretty at certain times of the day. There's also a restaurant literally on the beach called Sharky's, and the pier in the pic above is basically jetting out from that place. Great seafood and friendly people, I'd suggest it to her myself. ^_^ Good luck to her with building! I hope she enjoys it down there.

The division of light and darkness is nice, but I would want the horizon out of the centre of the pic. Some of the sky could be cropped off to shift balances here and the photo might win a lot. It might then no longer be the normal size of a photo, but it would look better, I think (I tried to "crop" by scrolling and do find there's quite a bit of sky that is not really needed here).

Andraste said:
There's also a restaurant literally on the beach called Sharky's, and the pier in the pic above is basically jetting out from that place. Great seafood and friendly people, I'd suggest it to her myself. ^_^ Good luck to her with building! I hope she enjoys it down there.

thanks, yeah the rest of my family has been down there and they have been to sharky's. they like it alot. I am going down in a couple of weeks to help move. they are driving the druck and trailer down and i am going to fly down and drive it back (to New Jersey). i'll only be there for maybe a day, but hey i haven't had any type of vacation in a while.

Most reactions

Back