Down size to M4/3

I like the fact the Oly is highly customizable. And once I have set my Custom settings I very rarely go into the menu.

You also have to looks at all the features that comes with the EM1 Mark II to see if its right for you.

It has the most powerful processor, double quad-core and gobs of memory. This will allow more features and better improvements in future firmware.

18fps C-AF
60fps S-AF
About 8 bracketing modes that include focus bracketing, which I have used and is great.

The one feature I absolutely love, especially for wildlife, is Pro Capture. While holding shutter half-way the camera already starts continuously buffering up to 14fps. Once you press the shutter the 14 frames in the buffer get saved to SD. This prevents you missing that moment because of shutter lag. I can focus on a small bird and by the time it launches and I hit the shutter I would normally miss that moment of launch because of reaction time but not with Pro Capture.

Here is a shot I took with Pro Capture. It was a heavily overcast day and it shot at 4000 ISO so it is grainy. I stacked the images.

Sparrow take off by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

I would never have got that shot if I relied on my reaction time.

I love the fuji system,I have the X-T10 similar to the X-T1. If you need the buffer and the best tracking system then the X-T2 would be at the top of the fuji list. Here is a couple shots I I took with my X-T10 with a kit lens 50-230mm and other then cropping these are SOOC Jpegs In Film simulation mode PROVIA/STANDARD Picture control.
DSCF2661.jpg
DSCF2664.jpg

I love the fuji system,I have the X-T10 similar to the X-T1. If you need the buffer and the best tracking system then the X-T2 would be at the top of the fuji list. Here is a couple shots I I took with my X-T10 with a kit lens 50-230mm and other then cropping these are SOOC Jpegs In Film simulation mode PROVIA/STANDARD Picture control.View attachment 136260 View attachment 136259

Very nice.

Since none of my pics earlier were SOOC, and quite possible made them worse with my editing, here is a SOOC image I took today at work. And no crop on this one.

Grey Squirrel by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Nice squirrel shot. One of my biggest mess ups was with global sharpening,I use to crank the sharpening so much it looked like sandpaper when I was done. Water would be crinkled to death LOL. The fuji and Olympus has some of the very best jpeg engines in there cameras and thats all I use on the fuji, its that good.

Looks like at some point I will have to make a road trip to some where that stocks these cameras so I can handle them. Everybody has thrown out some great information thank you very much. I am still leaning towards the Olympus for more reach with less weight. The whole bigger sensor means better performance argument is how I ended up carrying 9 pounds of camera and lens around in the first place.

Having both FF cameras and MFT cameras, I found APS-C, (in particular the mirrorless Fuji system), to be a great compromise between the IQ of FF and the small footprint of MFT.

I agree with most comments. Everything is a compromise, whether it's a Huge heavy 10lb camera with High IQ and excellent low-light shooting, or if it's an iPhone, convenient almost 100% of the time but not the greatest in low-light.

I can say that I've really enjoyed the M4/3 system. I enjoy the EM5ii and it's size. I am not a professional, but yet I still enjoy carrying it around and it yields great results.

Looks like at some point I will have to make a road trip to some where that stocks these cameras so I can handle them. Everybody has thrown out some great information thank you very much. I am still leaning towards the Olympus for more reach with less weight. The whole bigger sensor means better performance argument is how I ended up carrying 9 pounds of camera and lens around in the first place.

more reach with less weight is a worthy objective. mirrorless cameras are popular - you can use small "pancake" style lens for lightweight travel and you can also use the big DSLR lens for the eagle shots ......... nice
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

If weight is an issue, you might want to consider an E-M5 and Panasonic 100-300mm. It's smaller and lighter than the 100-400m and the image quality is decent.

It's expensive now, but I'd wait for the Christmas sales for the EM-1 Mark II.

I ordered the EM1 MarkII, 12-40 f2.8, 300 F4 and the 1.4 tele convertor over a month ago the lens have come in but I'm still waiting for the camera. Hoping it show up soon.

Wow, still waiting. Did you order right from Olympus or Henry's and Vistek?

My local camera store is an Olympus dealer but they don't stock anything. I ordered it all thru them.

@John Hunt , did you receive it, yet? How do you like it?

Most reactions

Back