Downtown & Around

Love em all Airic! I am planning on getting a D70 soon (though not soon enough) and these shots are great advertising and prove to me that it is a good piece of kit.

I've had no issues with the camera so far and I go out in extreme weather and the air-to-air work is pretty hostile, bumping, high winds, very cold or hot and the camera has worked flawless. Over 10,000 images since June 2004. I'm looking at possibly getting a back up boddy and then I don't have to change lenses so much. The only problem I have that really bugs me is getting dust on the CCD. When you work out side and change lenses a lot you learn to live with it and put the healing brush to use in PS.

Eric

wow....neat work!!!! :thumbup:

Amazing photos. I live block away from the Guild Inn. Just love to shoot pics there. But you have captured some awesome shots. Great job

Chiller, I have only been there a few times and the place is so cool. I have still to shoot the gate near the lake in a photo that satasfies me.

Eric

Good ones, The transit shot is one of the ones I like the most. The wires work, and the old street car in amongst the new has a real appeal to me, as well as having an old time feel to it. The other picture is the " Another middle of the road shot" the low clouds/fog really adds to the picture as well as the off angle.

Man you kill me, AIRIC. These are as awesome as your aerial series a few days ago! It's hard to pic a fav, but i guess #2 and the second middle of the road shot are my picks.

I got dust on my sensor after a couple thousand shots, but managed to blow it off by locking the shutter up with the lens off (manual has a blurb on it you've probably already read). Touching up dust specs in EVERY picture gets to be a PITA.

#1 and #3 are cool, #3 almost looks like a backdrop out of lord of the rings...im a fan of the dumpster to, i like the colours :)

AIRIC said:
The only problem I have that really bugs me is getting dust on the CCD. When you work out side and change lenses a lot you learn to live with it and put the healing brush to use in PS.

Eric

True that! 7100+ on the clock of my 10D and have just about mastered the art of "digital" image cleaning :wink: Dirt sucks :x

Ya, I have a lab at work with a very clean compressor but I usually get dust early in the weekend and have live with it until I get back to work on Monday and blow it out.

Eric, your photos are amazing. Have you ever ventured over by the log cabin at the Guild?. Very cool. I am sure you would shoot an great photo of that. Thanks for sharing these.
Carl

Most reactions

Back