Reaction score
Website
www.djedhi.net
Yeah Yeah, borders, whatever :p

HPbuilding.jpg

flower.jpg

stairs.jpg

more-->http://www.djedhi.net/pictures/Black and White/Downtown/

The 2nd and 3rd shot really caught my eye. The softness of the (Iris?) flower made the photo even more sensual. The night shot of the stairs was eerie and lonely, which can go a long way in capturing the viewers interest.

thanks, did you take a look at the site as well? I like the IVY as well as the flower. the flower.. was some flower you see in malls all the time. I went to this giant greenhouse that's built inside a building downtown. so they had all sorts of plants.

the stairs are actually not a night shot, but in a parking garage at around 12 in the afternoon, although it was a longer exposure of 1second.

I overdeveloped the negs, and the contrast came a little too much, but I think it added to the flower one, I really agree with the sensual comment of the flower, it's what I thought when I saw the result. the curve in the lower left emphasizes that I think.

thanks for the comment, and don't forget to go to the site to see more! (people never seem to go to the supplied site with MORE photos on it)

Ummmm...... I like your pics but youi seem to have forgotten to take some of the Millenium skatepark! :D When in Calgarty you must take pics of the Millenium skate park! :D

I really like the ivy pic! You seem to have lost some quality along the way somewhere? Are these film and scanned or are they digital!

these are scans of negatives with the negative scanner at school.
i try to avoid skate parks, i'm not cool.

i don't shoot digital. :oops:

Are you going to school in Calgary?
That skatepark is one of the largest cement parks anywhere I would love to go and take some pics there! I bet there would be some great shadows!
Nothing wrong with shooting film! I don't have the cash to and I am far to impatient!

Ok, I checked out the site. The work is strong! I have to question the architectural shots. Personally, I think they may be a little "played out". The tones and textures are right on. The perspective is a bit common. How can you make this Christopher's photo? 4x5 cameras help. In the past I have gone across the street up to the 35 floor (or whatever) to get the shot. This technique takes a lot of explaining, but people are generally willing to accommodate.

Yeah, I totally agree. A bit too cliche, I guess I just like buildings. I've always wanted to go to the top of one of the buildings. how do you think you ask? "I want to take pictures from the 90th floor please".
thanks again :)

I went to college in NYC, but the procedure may be the same throughout the world.(Sept 11 didn't help things any). In NY most buildings have front personnel. "delivery on the 90th" floor would usually get me in. It may help if you have a messenger bag. The key is to have your camera hidden. When you get to you floor, just politely and truthfully explain you're intentions. " I am a student and I need to get a shot from any window of the west side of your building" You will be surprised how accommodating people are (especially when you tell them that you are a student). Have respect, and get the shot in a matter of minutes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back