Downtown LA...first time C&C

wolverinewizard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I started photography about a month ago and I'm finally getting up the nerve to put up some photos for C&C. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on technique, so let me have it!

1. Walt Disney Concert Hall

3301315216_b8c2dfa12e_b.jpg

2. Disney Concert Hall (another angle)

3300483851_e7e38f8374_b.jpg

3. Financial District
3300485187_8404a1d05e_b.jpg

4. HDR fun
3300488525_e391811a32_b.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

1. is nice, i wouldnt of cut off the top of it like that
2. nice
3. you cut off the words on the building
4. out of focus, im guessing there was little lighting and you set the shutter speed slower and you moved

#1, 2 & 3 are great. I really like the perspective in those shots. #4 however looks like it was handhold and the 3 exposures didn't stich together very well. It's best to use a tripod for HDR shots. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos ;)

Thanks for the comments, guys!

I agree about the HDR; I tried to keep everything as still as possible, but I guess my hands are just too shaky.:cool:

I'm really enjoying this new hobby...too bad it's so darn expensive though :mrgreen:

I agree about the HDR; I tried to keep everything as still as possible, but I guess my hands are just too shaky.:cool:
For HDR it's best to use a tripod so that each successive shot lines up with the previous ones.

1. is nice, i wouldnt of cut off the top of it like that
2. nice
3. you cut off the words on the building
4. out of focus, im guessing there was little lighting and you set the shutter speed slower and you moved

It's not out of focus. Motion blur is not the same thing as being "oof". In any case, its not even applicable here. The problem in the HDR shot is that he/she moved, and didn't align the individual shots properly in their HDR workflow.

How did you edit the first 3 shots? They look a bit HDRish ;)

they all look pretty good to me, except i don't really care for the obvious hdr treatment done to number 4. number 1 is what really caught my eye though, i really like that one

Thanks for the comments, everyone. #4 was just kind of a "let's try HDR" shot, just for kicks.

I appreciate the comments/criticism!

Most reactions

Back